The Metro: Morrissey’s pro Black Lives Matter tweet dragged on social media (June 3, 2020)

For someone who is not interesting, you seem pretty desperate for my attention.
This is a cope. You people are so mentally ill that, as a matter of survival, you've got to conflate stupidity with profundity and adversity with affirmation. "Well, everyone here thinks I'm a complete f***ing idiot, so I must be doing something right!"

As far as me calling Nerak a c***, I only did that because she was attempting to use de-radicalization techniques on me. The whole shtick about "I worry about you", "I care about people", "I don't want you to ruin your life". Ah but I've read well and I've heard them said a hundred time (maybe less, maybe more).
That's really all "professional deradicalizers" do. They just pretend to be your friend.

All that and more is explained in this video.

So yeah. Nerak tried to use de-radicalization techniques on me so I decided to respond by getting ultra-aggressive.

I wasn't using 'de-radicalisation techniques' on you.

I was chatting to you on a Morrissey website.

& I do hope you sort your daft wee life out before you get into trouble.

I wasn't using 'de-radicalisation techniques' on you.

I was chatting to you on a Morrissey website.

& I do hope you sort your daft wee life out before you get into trouble.

Don’t worry, kiddo. I would never do anything illegal.
But if for some reason I was framed for doing something illegal (a far more likely scenario), you will at least be able to say that you knew me before I was famous.

But if for some reason I was framed for doing something illegal (a far more likely scenario), you will at least be able to say that you knew me before I was famous.
More delusions of grandeur. These people really think being racist online makes them revolutionaries.

?
Yakub constructed whiteness after creating the white race:

Yakub was a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and began the creation of the white race. :)

As a social construct - the value & attributes associated with the perception of skin colour.

You're not born with it, you're born into it.
American blacks aren't communists yet...
IMG_20200630_142345.jpg

If whiteness is a social construct, then who constructed it?

Victorians - responding to Darwin. The idea that people could evolve led to the fear of degeneration & to the belief that different groups & classes were at different stages of evolution.

It was useful for justifying inequalities & abuses - the working-class didn't need education because they weren't smart enough for it etc.

Moz has some pretty standard Irish Republican attitudes (at least he did) so I'm guessing somewhere in the back of his head he remembers that the Irish were considered to be a lesser race, closer to black people & nothing like the Anglo-Saxons.

Victorians - responding to Darwin. The idea that people could evolve led to the fear of degeneration & to the belief that different groups & classes were at different stages of evolution.

It was useful for justifying inequalities & abuses - the working-class didn't need education because they weren't smart enough for it etc.

Moz has some pretty standard Irish Republican attitudes (at least he did) so I'm guessing somewhere in the back of his head he remembers that the Irish were considered to be a lesser race, closer to black people & nothing like the Anglo-Saxons.

Certainly it existed before then.

1593546513347.jpeg

That's legalise to get around someone challenging the slave trade - it was the beginning of them trying to find arguments but until Darwin they were feudal & religious.

:lbf:

what in F is "legalise"o_O

you 'get around' the slave trade by bringing up the prior 'slave trades'???
WTF???

Islam was big into the slave trade, ask skinny about it.
you all probably see that slave trade as cool and happening.:lbf:
left wing mombo jombo has no end FFS:lbf:

Well it’s interesting that they felt no need to define what a white a person was.

It's more interesting that they had to define it & bring in laws to maintain it once people with white skin & people with black skin started having kids together.

White skin isn't a 'race' - it's just a skin colour.

& stereotypes are weird - when I was a kid I had adults say I was an Angel because I have blonde hair & some kids said I was a witch because I have green eyes. Obviously I'm both. ?

No, idiot. You are the one who thinks in black and white. There is no one on this forum who has a more monochromatic "understanding" of the world than you. You argued that because Lou Reed was a a "punk" or whatever, that his political opinions couldn't be easily slotted into one category or another. All I was proving, as usual, is that you're wrong and that he was a pretty run-of-the-mill New York liberal.

It is so typically disingenuous of you to attempt to argue that "many" of his lyrics are "defensively anti-black" when he has one song on the New York album that references Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan for antisemitic remarks they had made. This isn't an indictment of "black people," it's a criticism of The Nation of Islam.

Lou Reed spent his entire life in New York, a city filled to the brim with immigrants of every stripe. Your tunnel vision narcissism prevents you from understanding how anyone could possibly have an opinion on the matter that differs from your own, but I can assure you that Lou Reed was a strong proponent of multiculturalism.
Lou Reed was not a run-of-the-mill anything. He also had strong misanthropic tendencies - and was a bit of a narcissist himself - and a well-renowned contrarian. No way would he pander to silly fashionable causes just because the mass media tells him to.

Black Power Matters is not only anti-white it is officially anti-Semitic (which is why it is suddenly receiving bad press - the tide is turning).

Lou Reed wouldn't support this racist hate group in a million years. Can you honestly imagine him kneeling for anybody?

Thank God people like Bowie and Reed are dead - I would hate them to witness how sheep-like so many people have become. When the media says jump, they jump.

If Lou were alive today he would be having his "Morrissey moment" and being cancelled.

The nice happy-clappy, humanity-loving, lily-livered liberal Lou Reed only exists in your imagination.

Liberalism is a religion now. You kneel and pray for forgiveness for your whiteness. Reed didn't do religion.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom