The Lowry, The Myth of the North Exhibition

Wahhheeeyyyy Moz is (at the moment) well ahead of dead Mr Formby;);)

I've voted about 5 times now for, Moz, Smiths, Victoria Wood, Boys From The Blackstuff, Phoenix Nights, Brian Potter and finally the Gormley statues on my local beach phewwww

The only three I really care about are Moz, Smiths and Victoria. All would be worthy winners

I've voted about 5 times now for, Moz, Smiths, Victoria Wood, Boys From The Blackstuff, Phoenix Nights, Brian Potter and finally the Gormley statues on my local beach phewwww

The only three I really care about are Moz, Smiths and Victoria. All would be worthy winners

Bloody-hell the only difference in my vote casting is the 'B in the Bang' & that's only coz it's at Citys ground, they ought to have had the Salford Lads Club!

love

Grim

I tried to edit my post to add this p.s. but it won't work (I think it's this compy it's rubbish)

There's nothing wrong with the PC, merely the user at the time. love GU

Anyhoo here's it all again inc' p.s.

Bloody-hell the only difference in my vote casting is the 'B in the Bang' & that's only coz it's at Citys ground, they ought to have had the Salford Lads Club!

love

Grim
P.s. & the only reason I voted Potter over Yosser was because I wanted it to be more upbeat, who can forget that immortal scene when Yosser's lost everything & he's in the confessional box & the Father says "call me Dan", the 1st time I saw it on telly I laughed but years later I watched it on video & that scene made me cry. That was Bleasdale at his best imho.

Last edited:
Cool. The Smiths and Morrissey are leading. yessss

They've pretty much got it locked up now. But don't stop voting everyone!

I wonder if he'll mention this on the Autumn leg of the tour, like he did about the Culture Show poll last year? The "David Fattenborough" comment cracked me up. :D

Coiff.

I wonder why anyone bothers to have these votes that are only decided by one thing: The number of people who care to rig it by voting again and again for their favourite. It is difficult for me to see where the glory lies in that, or why anyone would care about the results?

I wonder why anyone bothers to have these votes that are only decided by one thing: The number of people who care to rig it by voting again and again for their favourite. It is difficult for me to see where the glory lies in that, or why anyone would care about the results?

Details, details...

The Smiths are beating The Beatles, that's all that matters.

Re: VOTE for Moz best Northerner.

and don't forget to vote for 'the Smiths'as best Northern Rockband

and Cilla Black

and Cold Feet

Lancasthire Mills

;)

No way. I'm voting for Cracker!

I'll have to vote The Royle Family out of the comedies, it's the only one of those I've seen.

Who are The Macc Lads and The Hollies? :confused:

I'm American, so who cares what I think, but this I found funny, and I bet Moz would too:

"I do of course hope that George does win, and am not saying that I'm averse to following some of the suggested methods of upping the votes myself, because no doubt other fan bodies are doing the same (I doubt that Morrisey is a likely contender for first place (I thought he was Irish anyway!!) but clearly his fan group have got a whiff of the competition because of the sudden influx of votes for him - and let's be honest, this is what's happened with George) but let us tread carefully. "
I don't find it funny, unless by 'funny' you mean 'weird'. :rolleyes:

edit: I suppose it's funny if the person actually thought Moz was from Ireland... otherwise, definitely not...

Agree with you there.
What the f..k is the point in these polls if so many people,including many on here,basically cheat?
And NO way should The Smiths beat The Beatles.

Try living in the real world instead of a shell

Agree with you there.
What the f..k is the point in these polls if so many people,including many on here,basically cheat?
And NO way should The Smiths beat The Beatles.

Try living in the real world instead of a shell
As a matter of fact, I do live in the real world, instead of in a newspaper, magazine or a rock encyclopedia. And in the real world, I know lots of people who love The Smiths, but I don't know one single person who cares about The Beatles.

I know lots of people who love The Smiths, but I don't know one single person who cares about The Beatles.

Much as that scenario in entirely subjective, it is undeniably a rarity. The Smiths could never and will never come close to having the popularity of the Beatles, or the fanbase.

Back
Top Bottom