The importance of sexual pursuit.

Math Tinder

like Sister Ray said
I didn't want to make it into a poll, as the ideas seem far too hard to classify. But of course the idea came from chica's intriguing 'importance of having sex' thrad.

Sexual pursuit, of attractive people, is easily one of the most important things in my life. Consummation is pretty far down the list, so far as my values go. Hell, even the mildest reciprocation barely matters.

It seems to me that sexual pursuit is far more important to Morrissey than is eventual consummation or even initial, inkling reciprocation. I'm sure those things have been said before, in other words, with reference to Moz - like, 'he loves the chase more than anything' or 'the journey is the destination'.

But how about you, reading this? Is pursuit, courting, important to you? Or do those physical rituals you enact matter most of all? Or: do you want nothing more than for your object of affection to love you back? Is it as simple as that?

Eh?

love
math+

Last edited:
the sexual pursuit is the motor of the world, as for me this time I count in the world

Don't even mention sexual pursuit. This time every year it's mostly all I can think about (something about winter that doesn't get me interested in pursuiting sex...until it all comes out, like a flash flood, when the weather warms up).

But the downside is, there is no one right now i care to pursuit (and by pursuit i mean sex and perhaps a relationship--but at the very least sex). That's when things get hard, when in a city of millions there's no one you've met to mildly interest you to actually pursuit. The last time i met anyone of extreme significance that really hit me over the head would be in 2004...seriously. And she was mildly conservative and a church going Catholic--who would have known? Certainly not I. Since then i find a crucifix hanging around a woman's neck to be, um, unnaturally sexy for me; but that's a different thread altogether.

As far as other peopl'es pursuit on me, I always play hard to get, mainly because i am so picky. And of course shyness has nipped me in the butt so many many times in the past.

So really it's the pursuit that interests me--the absence of one being a drag. I can live without the sex, but knowing there is no one of interest just really starts to make life boring.

this is just one reason why I would move out of NYC, to say Detroit which is where I am from and I know many many people. pursuit in general is so much easier there. NYC can eat you up if you don't feel like putting up with the distance between its many many citizens. it's harder to actually meet people and find out a little about them to actually give them a chance to interest you.

Math, if you are ever looking for sex and don't feel like pursuiting too much, let me know;)
Or if you still want to pursuit, I promise I'll play easy to get. or hard to get.. damn it, whatever turns you on!

when i really think about it, i think that pursuing anyone ranks about 45th on my list of things to do.

if given a chance between a date and a must-see episode of CSI, I'll go on the date just because i feel obligated to the world not to be a total loser, but would secretly rather be at home watching the TV show.

i can't recall the last time that i thought "gee, i hope he asks me out" and actually put myself out there. i mean, yeah, i put myself out there recently, but i did more so out of opportunity to go on a date rather than excitement that he could be "the one".

i haven't actually felt those butterflies in years. i think those butterflies were endangered and some careless person went about and squashed them. once extinct, they just don't come back.

Math Tinder said:
I didn't want to make it into a poll, as the ideas seem far too hard to classify. But of course the idea came from chica's intriguing 'importance of having sex' thrad.

Sexual pursuit, of attractive people, is easily one of the most important things in my life. Consummation is pretty far down the list, so far as my values go. Hell, even the mildest reciprocation barely matters.

It seems to me that sexual pursuit is far more important to Morrissey than is eventual consummation or even initial, inkling reciprocation. I'm sure those things have been said before, in other words, with reference to Moz - like, 'he loves the chase more than anything' or 'the journey is the destination'.

But how about you, reading this? Is pursuit, courting, important to you? Or do those physical rituals you enact matter most of all? Or: do you want nothing more than for your object of affection to love you back? Is it as simple as that?

Eh?

love
math+

Being married for almost 12 years...sex for my husband and is not the most important thing. Having unconditional love and friendship is where it is at for us. Not to say we dont.. just not as much. I must say that I do have many of fond memory of our 'courtship' though!

the only reason why sex is really important is love
but since love is oft a lie
one must be wary
Suicide.jpg

Math Tinder said:
Eh?
love
math+
Forgive me, Math, my mind reels so deliriously among the possibles : hopscotching from sentence to sentence w/ a vindicative curvature of the foot.

Honestly, by temperament and situation, I've never been anything more than a connoisseur of unrequited desire... :)

But so much less than possibility has been given for nurturance and pursuit. though enough to shut one's eyes in the ticklish weight of decision...

Oh, truly, I am blessed, in complete inconsequence!

God, I am drunk right now...

WhyteGrrrl said:
Being married for almost 12 years...sex for my husband and is not the most important thing. Having unconditional love and friendship is where it is at for us.

Beloved whytegrrrl, should I take this to mean 'courting each other is the most important thing, but it's not as though the courtship is supposed to lead to sex'? Or are you talking about that third thing I tried my best to phrase... is his affection, in return for your own, the most important thing?

xo, math+

Last edited:
heh cod, i strive to make people reel of course, and by the way i particularly enjoyed this phrase: 'hopscotching from sentence to sentence w/ a vindicative curvature of the foot.'

curious, cod... if i put it this way instead, just for you...

--
But how about you, Codreanu, reading this? Is pursuit, courting, the important thing for you, even if your attempts are unrequited or even unnoticed? Or do those physical rituals, which you rarely enact but must surely imagine - do they matter most of all? Or: do you want nothing more than for your object of affection to love you back? Whether that's actually ever happened yet, or not?
--

xo, math+

Codreanu said:
Forgive me, Math, my mind reels so deliriously among the possibles : hopscotching from sentence to sentence w/ a vindicative curvature of the foot.

Honestly, by temperament and situation, I've never been anything more than a connoisseur of unrequited desire... :)

But so much less than possibility has been given for nurturance and pursuit. though enough to shut one's eyes in the ticklish weight of decision...

Oh, truly, I am blessed, in complete inconsequence!

God, I am drunk right now...

Last edited:
Math Tinder said:
But how about you, Codreanu, reading this? Is pursuit, courting, the important thing for you, even if your attempts are unrequited or even unnoticed? Or do those physical rituals, which you rarely enact but must surely imagine - do they matter most of all? Or: do you want nothing more than for your object of affection to love you back? Whether that's actually ever happened yet, or not?
Oh, it's always the latter... but the other items are important too, or so I would imagine (and I would imagine were I not so hungover* :().

*sorry, being a fan of Lisa Germano (I listened, repititiously, to her new cd last night) precludes sobriety, and can be quite toxic to the liver.

(you can't tell from the photo but it's of an inebriated Lisa balancing an empty wineglass (photoshopped out) atop her head.)
lgcrop0eu.jpg

Last edited:
Math Tinder said:
Beloved whytegrrrl, should I take this to mean 'courting each other is the most important thing, but it's not as though the courtship is supposed to lead to sex'? Or are you talking about that third thing I tried my best to phrase... is his affection, in return for your own, the most important thing?

xo, math+

His affection is most important, and of course the little things. That is what I miss most when he is away and look forward to when he comes home.

Oh my god said:
hey
this thread
got all sweet
can someone gag me with a spoon!

Um... sure.

OK, gagging now accomplished, you want to post something dirty?

xo, math+

--
ps for Puddle - got yr email, will get back to you - but i forgot to respond, earlier, to this:

Puddle said:
this is just one reason why I would move out of NYC, to say Detroit which is where I am from and I know many many people. pursuit in general is so much easier there. NYC can eat you up if you don't feel like putting up with the distance between its many many citizens. it's harder to actually meet people and find out a little about them to actually give them a chance to interest you.

DUDE, Puddle, are you f***ing serious? http://newyork.craigslist.org/cas

Last edited:
Math Tinder said:
DUDE, Puddle, are you f***ing serious? http://newyork.craigslist.org/cas

something about Craigslist casual encounters...I've actually looked for sex there before but never went through with it. I just keep thinking there's a high chance of catching STD's.

Today i'm not so anti New York as i was a few days ago. yeah weird,... I love this city, I love it not. I love this city, I love it not.

Besides, it's harder for a man to find sex or romance on Craigslist. A woman, any woman, puts up a post and she gets over 300 responses. A man does and he's lucky to get one.

That's just the way it goes.

Sorry guys. It's late and sexual pursuit is something I left behind a couple of hours ago. But honestly I find it rare that I see anyone I feel worth having a consumme with, alas.
But that's just me being pessismistic. I'm told that 'Mr. Right' will come along one day, probably when I'm least expecting it and I have to say hopefully when i havent drunk as much as I did tonight. Ta ra for now then.

Back
Top Bottom