The Best Smiths Song Ever, Round 7

Best non-album Smiths track 1985-1987

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rubber Ring and Half a Person (like everyone else)
Is It Really So Strange? (none of you will change the way i feel)

I like most of these songs but IMO most of them are weaker then some that haven't pulled through in the previous rounds. I therefore tried not to spend too much time thinking which 3 to choose and won't bite my nails to see which ones end up on the final list ...

I disagree. I think Half A Person, Sweet and Tender Hooligan and Rubber Ring would probably make my Smiths top 20 any day.

I'm just surprised You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby is doing so well. If that goes through it will probably the weakest song in the final 30.

NO!!! I love ( and have voted for ) you just havn't earned it yet, baby. It remains one of my favourite Smiths somgs ever. I have also voted for Asleep and Unlovable. So there.;)

This is just cruel, so many of my favourite's... well, I've gone for the defeatist approach on this one and voted for the ones that have no chance of winning but I feel bad for them not having more votes! My choices then:
Unloveable (classic Moz lyrics)
Sweet & Tender Hooligan (love the humour and how it races along)
I Keep Mine Hidden (how can you resist singing along to that one?!)

Will start the first semi-final later today.
Just a quick reminder of the songs going through.
First 4 of each round will go through, plus 2 best performing numbers 5 =
30 semi-finalists.

Top 5 of this round:

1) Rubber Ring 66
2) Half A Person 65
3) Asleep 55
4) Sweet And Tender Hooligan 33

5) You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby 28

Um... me. I like it, I really do. Not the effects but the voices blending together. I find it quite addictive.

The Draize Train
Half A Person
London

Back
Top Bottom