Taste in Moz

Lost

Just looking at response the 'Worst B sides' poll on this site and finding it remarkable how, despite all being huge fans of the great man's music, we can be so diverse in our opinions of which tracks we like and those we don't. (I was amazed to see 'Heir Apparent' on there as i think it's quite a strong track.)
I, for instance, would claim to utterly adore 90% of what he does but can't stand what i call his 'chanting' songs such as 'Daddy's Voice' and 'At last i Am Born'. Yet i know there are many on here who love those songs.
I guess i'm more a fan of the 'mellow' Moz of 'Now My Heart is Full' and the wonderful wonderful 'Lost', variety. Yet there are many who love his 'Smiths' type rockers and so on and so forth.

What 'category' do you put yourself in?

I'm similar to you. There are only a few I'm not as keen on, but I wouldn't say I dislike any.

I prefer the mellow Moz too, but put on London, VERY LOUDLY, and great things happen to me!!! As does I'm Not Sorry.

Heir Apparent is one of my all time favourite Morrissey tunes although I love practically everything he's done, Daddy's voice, Irish blood, NF Disco I think work best live.

I'm a bit rubbish really. I like them all depending on my mood. Only yesterday evening I was standing at the end of Shenfield station shouting out along with "In the Future" as if my life depended on it, but at other times, I will be all mellow and thoughtful like a kitten. Meow.

That's why I like him though - song for all my moods. I supose there must be some songs I don't like as much... oh, "Teenage Dad". That's not so good in my humble opinion.

Ahhh, isn't that always the way. Someone mentions a track they don't like and someone else chimes in about how much they do like it. I have to say I love Teenage Dad... I like the combination of masculine and feminine imagery, Morrissey's impassioned vocal toward the end and the guitar outro. Jerry Finn's production on almost all of the YATQ b-sides was strong.

I'm a bit rubbish really. I like them all depending on my mood. Only yesterday evening I was standing at the end of Shenfield station shouting out along with "In the Future" as if my life depended on it, but at other times, I will be all mellow and thoughtful like a kitten. Meow.

That's why I like him though - song for all my moods. I supose there must be some songs I don't like as much... oh, "Teenage Dad". That's not so good in my humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom