Tangerine Dream covers Bowie, Kraftwerk, REM, Leonard Cohen, Depeche Mode, more

The Seeker of Good Songs

The 14-track collection features founding Tangerine Dream member Edgar Froese and the band re-imagining songs from David Bowie, The Beatles, The Eagles, Chris Isaak, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, the Goo Goo Dolls, Leonard Cohen, Depeche Mode, and more.

Each member of the band selected the tracks that resonated the best with them. Froese chose "Everybody Hurts," Space Oddity," and "Heroes" on which he played synth, mellotron, and provided vocals. Percussionist/drummer Iris Camaa selected "Wicked Game," "Hotel California," and "Iris." Flutist and singer Linda Spa chose "The Model," "Suzanne," and "Forever Young." Thorsten Quaeschning, main vocalist and synth/guitar player, chose "Cry Little Sister," "Precious," and "Hallelujah." Guitarist Bernhard Beibl elected to cover "Norwegian Wood" and "Wish You Were Here."

"Under Cover" track list:

1. Cry Little Sister (Gerard McMann)
  2. Everybody Hurts (REM)
  3. Precious (Depeche Mode)
  4. Space Oddity (David Bowie)
  5. The Model (Kraftwerk)
  6. Wicked Game (Chris Isaak)
  7. Hotel California (The Eagles)
  8. Suzanne (Leonard Cohen)
  9. Heroes (David Bowie)
  10. Forever Young (Alphaville)
  11. Iris (Goo Goo Dolls)
  12. Norwegian Wood (The Beatles)
  13. Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)
  14. Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)

http://depositfiles.com/files/0pki18gmg

grooooss. :[

I am probably biased because I really haven't liked TD at all since around Melrose (if not before), but they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days... And it's apparently deeper than I ever though possible.

Back
Top Bottom