Smiths ref in the new Jim Bob song "Jo's Got Papercuts"

She can't dance to the Smith's anymore because of Steve's racism/far right politics seems to be the gist.

What is this shit?

Someone needs to tell Jim Bob that Obama is against cancel culture & thinks there is a freedom of speech issue.

So they'll need to put him on the evil side.

ear cleanser .....

:tiphat:

Blikey, I reckon Brittish "music" is just unbearable to listen to. I reckon no wonder why Brittish people still try to claim the California Son as "Brittish music or Brit Pop" as he continues to dupe them since 1983. I reckon too right bloomin' onion no wonder why all the foreigners on this board are delusional sociopaths inn nnn nnn nnnnn n nnnn n n n it.

Is he saying she really can't listen to The Smiths or being critical of cancel culture? Anyway, it's a good attempt to show the world we live in by personalizing it into a single character. Interesting.

It's not Always the sun but Always the same.

A Taste of Honey is one of the most influence on Morrissey. Homosexuality, black man with white woman... a modern vision 40 years before. Add vegan and mozz checks all the boxes of a left human. 😀

Is he saying she really can't listen to The Smiths or being critical of cancel culture? Anyway, it's a good attempt to show the world we live in by personalizing it into a single character. Interesting.
Yes, cleverly ambivalent to represent a feeling of the present as much as an opinion about it. I’m going to go all out: it’s as good as anything I’ve heard this year. I was honestly ready to hate it.

She can't dance to the Smith's anymore because of Steve's racism/far right politics seems to be the gist.
“Jo doesn’t know anymore”

She can’t do anything, because of everything.

It's posted on Brooklyn Vegan so I will consider it a dis track till Moz is untied from the stake. 🧐
If it is, it’s a good one.

Jim Bob would’ve caught the first wave of Morrissey hate in 1992. If he is a critic, I’d imagine he’d find any recent awakening a questionable phenomena in itself.

That said he was in a band that felt ethically compelled to cancel their own name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd to think that Jeff Bob must be about 60 now.
(He released an album titled '30 something' back in the early 90s)

If it is, it’s a good one.

Jim Bob would’ve caught the first wave of Morrissey hate in 1992. If he is a critic, I’d imagine he’d find any recent awakening a questionable phenomena in itself.

That said he was in a band that felt ethically compelled to cancel their own name.

I have absolutely no idea who he is.

It's the more I dig, the more I think the press have done something really evil to Moz - misquoted him, not taken into account his circumstances, & held up a minority as somehow the worst example of British nationalism.

It makes me queasy.

not a bad song but the sentiment is lazy,look at us criticising all these bad people,arent we cool,no yer not.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom