Smiths interviews

I love Marr's face at the end: "Christ, what's that he's saying now...?" :rolleyes:

Morrissey has always been wrong about Joy Division. One of the few critical pronouncements of his that fell flat consistently. I think he hated Joy Division and simply didn't want to offend anyone by slagging them off.

That said, it is interesting to note that he gave a similar answer, almost word-for-word, at MTV in 1992 when talking about none other than The Smiths. He said the death of pop groups makes us more nostalgic and affectionate than we would have been had they gone on. So at least he has a consistent take on the subject.

I love Marr's face at the end: "Christ, what's that he's saying now...?" :rolleyes:

Morrissey has always been wrong about Joy Division. One of the few critical pronouncements of his that fell flat consistently. I think he hated Joy Division and simply didn't want to offend anyone by slagging them off.

That said, it is interesting to note that he gave a similar answer, almost word-for-word, at MTV in 1992 when talking about none other than The Smiths. He said the death of pop groups makes us more nostalgic and affectionate than we would have been had they gone on. So at least he has a consistent take on the subject.

Ha ha ha!

I know, he did it with The Doors during a french interview. He said something like "nobody cares about the Doors anymore".
Marrs face is a picture.

I like Joy Division but people do get a bit carried away with the whole myth and Ian seemed like a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom