Sandie Shaw on being pals with Morrissey in Metro

A sort of update on this, not sure if it's news-worthy in itself. From an interview with Sandie in today's Metro newspaper (commuter newspaper in the UK):

Sandie Shaw on Eurovision, Bonnie Tyler and Morrissey - Metro

Metro: Are you still pals with Morrissey?

Sandie Shaw: Is anyone? I don’t know what goes on in the man’s mind nowadays. Although I didn’t when I worked with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll have to wait for Morrissey's autobiography...lol! I'll kill him if he leaves out these type of details (what we really want to know) and just complains about the music industry and monarchy for 800 pages:lbf:

I hardly think you're going to get anything other than the version of events Morrissey wants you to read. If you believe that that is going to be the 100% unembellished correct account, you're a wee bit gullible in my opinion. Blithely dismissing someone's recollection as unnecessarily bitchy is going to look a little daft when you finally get to read the TRUE account.

P.

I hardly think you're going to get anything other than the version of events Morrissey wants you to read. If you believe that that is going to be the 100% unembellished correct account, you're a wee bit gullible in my opinion. Blithely dismissing someone's recollection as unnecessarily bitchy is going to look a little daft when you finally get to read the TRUE account.

P.

But don't you think the same could be said for Sandie as well? Isn't she presenting her interactions with Morrissey (in her own autobiog) in a way that reflects what she wants people to read/think? There is no "true" account. Everybody involved will want their side heard in a particular way, the same goes for Morrissey/Marr and their version of the split.

As for her and Morrissey - by her own admission, she cried in a cupboard for an hour because Morrissey & the band weren't giving her enough attention. Astonishing.

Last edited:
But don't you think the same could be said for Sandie as well? Isn't she presenting her interactions with Morrissey (in her own autobiog) in a way that reflects what she wants people to read/think? There is no "true" account. Everybody involved will want their side heard in a particular way, the same goes for Morrissey/Marr and their version of the split.

As for her and Morrissey - by her own admission, she cried in a cupboard for an hour because Morrissey & the band weren't giving her enough attention. Astonishing.

Absolutely. Your post illustrates why we shouldn't take anyone's views as the definitive account, no matter how fawning you may be or how much you may want to believe one person's account. What I'm getting at is that when Morrissey's book comes out, you're going to get people here and elsewhere believing every word as the definitive account.

P.

Absolutely. Your post illustrates why we shouldn't take anyone's views as the definitive account, no matter how fawning you may be or how much you may want to believe one person's account. What I'm getting at is that when Morrissey's book comes out, you're going to get people here and elsewhere believing every word as the definitive account.

P.

I imagine part of the delay in getting this to the printers is Morrissey and the lawyers finding the boundaries of just how vile he can be to his enemies without any legal comeback.

We're going to get a rock and roll version of Bouncing Back by Alan Partridge. "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."

Sandie was also a few days guest when they were in Woolhouse studio's [it has now another name, Robert Palmer ownes it] in Bath ,WHERE his Viva Hate album recording studio days /month/whatever was booked and going on,..she was,
as reading her biogroaphy, [world at your feet'or somthing like that] there at the moment Morrissey sang in 1 take, Maudlin Street,
...she got tears at the moment as all who were there breathless and completely aware of His emotional and wonderfull
6-8 minutes of musichistory.

So Sandie definately wasn't only attached to the early Smiths days, when Morrissey knocked at her door, 'hand in glove' sang by Sandy,
and He said at that period many times, how He adored her...

my 2 cents again

Sandie was also a few days guest when they were in Woolhouse studio's [it has now another name, Robert Palmer ownes it] in Bath ,WHERE his Viva Hate album recording studio days /month/whatever was booked and going on,..she was,
as reading her biogroaphy, [world at your feet'or somthing like that] there at the moment Morrissey sang in 1 take, Maudlin Street,
...she got tears at the moment as all who were there breathless and completely aware of His emotional and wonderfull
6-8 minutes of musichistory.

So Sandie definately wasn't only attached to the early Smiths days, when Morrissey knocked at her door, 'hand in glove' sang by Sandy,
and He said at that period many times, how He adored her...

my 2 cents again

Isn't young Bob Palmer dead?

If you believe that that is going to be the 100% unembellished correct account, you're a wee bit gullible in my opinion. Blithely dismissing someone's recollection as unnecessarily bitchy is going to look a little daft when you finally get to read the TRUE account.

P.[/QUOTE]

Any autobiography is going to be written through a persons filter, and I think we all know Morrissey has quite a filter. I'm not expecting "the true facts", I know it will be things as Morrissey sees/saw them. However, none of us were there and although it is fun to speculate, I look forward to hearing wat Morrissey has to say about this and other interesting matters. I'm hoping he'll tackle the fun and interesting stuff in the book.

I know he'll be bitchy, I would expect nothing less:p

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine part of the delay in getting this to the printers is Morrissey and the lawyers finding the boundaries of just how vile he can be to his enemies without any legal comeback.

We're going to get a rock and roll version of Bouncing Back by Alan Partridge. "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."

Haha. Good point. He really has a lot of enemies:lbf:

His autobiography would be, if it were actually ever going to exist, like much of his interviews and TTY writings- rambling prose, not letting you any further in the door that he wants you, double-entendres, double-speak, tid-bits and innuendos...but nothing extremely personal. No secret love-life exposed. A lot of ranting about the Royals, the unfair music industry, etc etc. There won't be "why I haven't spoken to my father..." revelations..."what REALLY happened when Uncle Seamus was allowed to watch us..." uh-uh, forget it. This autobiography has been in the works, what? 10+ years...teasing it's going to be published...'I have it, all I have to do is hit "print" '... I highly doubt there will be anything brutally honest...if at all.

Eh? That's pretty much the definition of being a homosexual, isn't it?

I think it's more to do with sexual relationships when it comes sexuality rather than romantic ones. You can have a romantic attraction or admiration for someone of any gender, but it doesn't mean that you are necessarily sexually attracted to them.

No. Use Walter Pater from nearby bookstore.

Would that be the noted homosexualist, Walter Pater? No thanks.

Reminds me a bit of that old joke about the bloke in the bar which has the the punchline "You suck one cock, and they accuse you of being gay..."

- - - Updated - - -

In that context yes, but if they also did with women does that mean nothing?

They're gay but they have sex with women too.

I think it's more to do with sexual relationships when it comes sexuality rather than romantic ones. You can have a romantic attraction or admiration for someone of any gender, but it doesn't mean that you are necessarily sexually attracted to them.

Surely, romance implies a sexual imperative. You don't romance a woman with the intention/hope of not having sex with her. Why then is there this Brideshead Revisited straw boaters and heliotrope blazers on the Isis nonsense about love between two men?

It certainly isn't something noticeable at most Gay Parades, where the romantic aspects seem to be put on the backburner.

"...And, the books aren’t being incinerated, they’re being pulped. My book could very well end up being reconstituted as a trestle table in a home for battered women."

This autobiography has been in the works, what? 10+ years...teasing it's going to be published...

Frankly, I'm expecting something like this...

Oh, she's written songs...

Great photo montage, but the words to this song made me throw up in the back of my mouth. I'd like to give her my hand, a back hand to the face, and then a boot in the ass. What a complete douche.

Would that be the noted homosexualist, Walter Pater? No thanks.

Reminds me a bit of that old joke about the bloke in the bar which has the the punchline "You suck one cock, and they accuse you of being gay..."

- - - Updated - - -

They're gay but they have sex with women too.

When women experiment with homosexuality, it's hot; yet, if a man does it, he is branded gay forever. What a horrible double standard. I disagree that all romantic interaction is a calculated step toward a sexual relationship; you can be attracted to someone (same sex or opposite), flirt with them, even display some affection without wanting full-on penetration. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is a different gender perspective, maybe this is why my husband is always miserable. Anyway, Morrissey is too beautiful for that old snatch face.

lynnda

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom