Salford Lads' Club

lilybett

Pheobe W Caulfield
Yayyy so I finally pursuaded my friends to make the pilgrimage with me

- tomorrow

How do we get there?

I'll post piccies! :D

Lilybett x

Twenty seven of you have read this and nobody could be bothered to reply?!

Come on?! Please?! :D

We're 'getting there' from the centre of town.

Thanks for posting the maps. I meant more what bus/tram to get.

Anyway. People on the HOLE messageboard were far more helpful than the MOZ fans and apparently we get the Number 33. Nice one.

Hi Lilybett

Hope you enjoy your visit to 'The Club'.

I drove from Liverpool last year and having no sense of direction got lost and couldnt find it. I ended up parking at Tesco's and getting a taxi.! It was well worth it because the lovely taxi man then took me to Kings Road / the iron bridge and the cemetery gates.

If you are there its worth trying to see them aswell.

Good luck :)

Black Eyed said:
Hi Lilybett

Hope you enjoy your visit to 'The Club'.

I drove from Liverpool last year and having no sense of direction got lost and couldnt find it. I ended up parking at Tesco's and getting a taxi.! It was well worth it because the lovely taxi man then took me to Kings Road / the iron bridge and the cemetery gates.

If you are there its worth trying to see them aswell.

Good luck :)

Thank you :)

Ohhhh I don't know about the other bits. The girls I'm going with aren't quite as infatuated as I am. One of them lives in Manchester and this is the first time I've pursuaded her that a good use of an afternoon would be to go and get our pictures taken outside Salford Lads' Club. She's at Manchester Uni, so she goes past the Holy Name Church every day. I was there, hanging off the bus, nearly having a heart attack about it the first time I saw it and she was like :casually waves hand: "ohh yeah, there it is..."

We will also be in 5th Avenue later tomorrow night. I'll be the one harassing the DJ to play some Moz ;)

Ohh, I really want to make that big old trek up to the Salford Lads' Club but (being from Southampton...near Southampton actually, I live in the New Forest:)) the most north I've ever been is Birmingham. Just seeing Manchester on TV scares me. I will have to be brave one of these days!

Hi, I've only just seen your post so this may be too late, but there's a book by Phill Gatenby called 'Morrissey's Manchester: The Essential "Smiths" Tour' which has got lots of Moz related sights in and comes with a handy map. I would have thought most bookshops in Manchester would sell it.
Have a great visit!

Last edited:
lilybett said:
Thank you :)

Ohhhh I don't know about the other bits. The girls I'm going with aren't quite as infatuated as I am. One of them lives in Manchester and this is the first time I've pursuaded her that a good use of an afternoon would be to go and get our pictures taken outside Salford Lads' Club. She's at Manchester Uni, so she goes past the Holy Name Church every day. I was there, hanging off the bus, nearly having a heart attack about it the first time I saw it and she was like :casually waves hand: "ohh yeah, there it is..."

We will also be in 5th Avenue later tomorrow night. I'll be the one harassing the DJ to play some Moz ;)

I'll be there and will expect to hear those requests!

Back
Top Bottom