Robert Smith echoing Morrissey's views on the Royal Family

A

Anonymous

Were people aware? Big Bob appears to hate the royals almost as much as (if not a little more than) our Steve.
See the bit from 6 minutes in this 2012 clip...

Were people aware? Big Bob appears to hate the royals almost as much as (if not a little more than) our Steve.

At least he has more of a coherent argument and less out-and-out spite on the subject. It's a better look, to be honest.

In many languages, "the Queen has been on the throne for ..." would prompt her subjects to give her a laxative.:D

Robert doesn't want to sully his past career, and is against people getting things without having done anything to deserve them. He'd make a decent king I think. Better than a full of shit nepotist like Whiney the Pooh here anyway.:thumb:

In addition to a shared hate for royalty, they share a love for the same Bowie song (Drive-in Saturday).

Fantastic interview. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing!

I believe focusing on the rich and wealthy is meaningless. It seems to me people are just jealous of what others have instead of making a point that has nothing to do with fame and fortune.
Inherited power in our time is of course ridiculous beyond reason and of course every country should have a president instead voted for by the people.
Not that I believe there exists such a thing as open elections.

I believe focusing on the rich and wealthy is meaningless. It seems to me people are just jealous of what others have instead of making a point that has nothing to do with fame and fortune.
Inherited power in our time is of course ridiculous beyond reason and of course every country should have a president instead voted for by the people.
Not that I believe there exists such a thing as open elections.

*rich and powerful

My latest pastime (between sleeping eating and hearing dramas) is to read about the RF. LOL XXX

I think his own mother would disagree with you on that one
It is true that Bob's wild and woolly appearance does not hold up well against even the un-photoshopped Morrissey. I was really referring to Morrissey's vindictive, petty spite on the subject of the monarchy (eg blaming Kate for the suicide of the nurse), which I feel doesn't look good on him.

Last edited:
In a recent interview, Johnny Marr said Robert Smith was someone he was interested in collaborating with!

I only saw the begininng of the thread title and was worried that Smith had same kind of views on immigration as Morrissey. But thankfully not. The Royal Family is such an uninteresting and very British obsession, love it or loathe it, so I don't really care.

Back
Top Bottom