Rifke interviews

I think we're finally getting somewhere with born to harangue. he had a couple more demands but I, as it happens, am a very accommodating interviewer, and he promised me, in any case, that he'd submit it before scanty submits hers (which, incidentally, is not very hope-giving).

The thing is you have no proof of any of it. I could make up a bunch of work stories and nobody would know which of us is telling the truth. That's just it: they're your memories, which are largely unimportant to the rest of us, and you could be augmenting and exaggerating aspects of it as far as we know. On this website your five star boutique stories are about as important and interesting as completely made up stories, like Urbanus's entire comment history. But they would probably go down a treat at parties, whereas Urbanus would be left alone sitting in the corner. But it's amazing how, until now, all the celebrities you said you spotted in London were always on the street with never any mention of the inside of a hotel. Maybe you were the bellboy as Urbanus suggested.

I was in L.A. over a decade ago and among other things I saw Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore get into a brief shouting match outside a restaurant.... am I telling the truth or am I not? And another time I saw Jack Nicholson driving past and as he was turning the corner his wheel hit the kerb and caused all these sparks to start shooting out and I was surprised he didn't get a puncture. Truth or lie? Who can say?

If you've lived in LA I would find it highly probable that you'd seen the celebrities you just mentioned and would most likely believe those stories as they don't sound that improbable. Meeting Neil Codling in a pub in Holland Park isn't that improbable. I saw Richard Branson in the same pub a couple of times, being that he lived 5 mins around the corner. Seeing a celebrity in London (ore LA) isn't that difficult, it's not like its the same as winning the lottery or anything.

AND I haven't even got around to telling the stories that you absolutely wouldn't believe. I've only ever mentioned the ones that sound relatively normal and believable.

you sound like dave. are you dave? your third to last sentence is all dave. I don't mind you deriding bhops in my thread--that is, unless you're dave. I don't want any daves in my thread.

Certainly had a Dave-o ring to it. In which case..................................................

Hi Dave!! :kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart:

noooooo bert, I swear!!!! I don't know WHY Ive never come across it! it's a crazy world, bertie!!!! i'd ask you to send me some in the mail so i can finally try it but the mailman might eat it!! right, banana cream pie is going on my bucket list!! so what kind of pie did you have today, bertie?!

816Swu%2BoPAL._SX425_.jpg

Yes it is a crazy world, isn't it. Not at all a place where the mail can be trusted! :lbf: In lieu of banana cream pie, I truly hope you are finding another suitable sustenance. No pie today I'm afraid. The only shops I passed would not have contained the adequate slice I was after. :expressionless:

Yes it is a crazy world, isn't it. Not at all a place where the mail can be trusted! :lbf: In lieu of banana cream pie, I truly hope you are finding another suitable sustenance. No pie today I'm afraid. The only shops I passed would not have contained the adequate slice I was after. :expressionless:
Hello bert! might I say what a pleasure it is to read your posts?! they're so genteel compared to what's normally posted around here. just nice conversations about pie and the comedic value of children falling and hurting themselves. a breath of fresh air you are! well, there IS always key lime pie and coconut cream pie, both of which are supremely delightful. im afraid I must cut back though, in any case, I've been eating a little TOO MUCH sweets :oops: you keep on though, I want to hear all about your adventures with pie and live vicariously through you!

Hello bert! might I say what a pleasure it is to read your posts?! they're so genteel compared to what's normally posted around here. just nice conversations about pie and the comedic value of children falling and hurting themselves. a breath of fresh air you are! well, there IS always key lime pie and coconut cream pie, both of which are supremely delightful. im afraid I must cut back though, in any case, I've been eating a little TOO MUCH sweets :oops: you keep on though, I want to hear all about your adventures with pie and live vicariously through you!

rifke, the sentiment is reciprocated. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. :) I feel that behaving genteel in this day and age is some what of a necessity. A bit of resistance against the ugly culture of the internet. Cake and pie are certainly a necessity. :D Well I have made another decision! I have decided that a piece of pie can be substituted for a slice of cake (I was unfortunately having a difficult time finding a satisfactory slice of pie). So in accordance with this new decision, I recently enjoyed a piece of Tiramisu cake. It was very good, yet not quite fantastic. The powdered cocoa on top was the highlight! Be well sweet and kind Fraulein! ;)

rifke, the sentiment is reciprocated. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. :) I feel that behaving genteel in this day and age is some what of a necessity. A bit of resistance against the ugly culture of the internet. Cake and pie are certainly a necessity. :D Well I have made another decision! I have decided that a piece of pie can be substituted for a slice of cake (I was unfortunately having a difficult time finding a satisfactory slice of pie). So in accordance with this new decision, I recently enjoyed a piece of Tiramisu cake. It was very good, yet not quite fantastic. The powdered cocoa on top was the highlight! Be well sweet and kind Fraulein! ;)

oh bert, lovely to hear from you! I was missing your big fuzzy face! (by the way, may I ask what kind of a bear you are? my eddy is a polar bear although sometimes he likes to say he's a Kermode/spirit bear to switch things up). a slice of pie can DEFINITELY be substituted for a slice of cake. in fact, in general I prefer cake. Im glad that you enjoyed your tiramisu. im sorry it wasn't quite fantastic. may all your cake/pie from now on be fantastic! if they can put a man on the moon I hardly think that that's too much to ask!

Back
Top Bottom