Ricky Gervais calls Chinese "disgusting sub human c...s"

Mauricey

On Twitter, campaigning against the Yulin Dog Meat Festival.
It will be very interesting to see how his (somewhat familiar) choice of words works out for him!

He hasn`t said that about all Chinese people though has he?

So that`s ok then isn`t. Not racist at all.

Excuse me, but it's the same thing.

Morrissey was talking in the context of a documentary of china's awful treatment of animals . It was a comment made before an interview and in relation to animal welfare, as reported by the poet/journalist at the occasion. No different from this and no racist at all - poor choice of words, yes - and that applies to Ricky's case as well.

With Morrissey it was The guardian that decided to publish that comment out of context and ahead of the actual interview to stir things up - the said comment was not in the original interview. it was not like he made a statement about China, out of the blue.

In fact Ricky is pretty much aligned with Mortissey in what concerns animal welfare. He did say that whenever a bullfighter entered an arena to fight a bull he hoped the bull would kill him. He just doesn't seem to upset people so much, even if he says basically the same things as Morrissey (and good for him).

Excuse me, but it's the same thing.

Morrissey was talking in the context of a documentary of china's awful treatment of animals . It was a comment made before an interview and in relation to animal welfare, as reported by the poet/journalist at the occasion. No different from this and no racist at all - poor choice of words, yes - and that applies to Ricky's case as well.

With Morrissey it was The guardian that decided to publish that comment out of context and ahead of the actual interview to stir things up - the said comment was not in the original interview. it was not like he made a statement about China, out of the blue.

In fact Ricky is pretty much aligned with Mortissey in what concerns animal welfare. He did say that whenever a bullfighter entered an arena to fight a bull he hoped the bull would kill him. He just doesn't seem to upset people so much, even if he says basically the same things as Morrissey (and good for him).

The difference is...

Morrissey described the Chinese as a "sub-species". That is massively different to Ricky Gervais criticizing a specific group of Chinese people.

Actually, it was. Here's a link to the original interview conducted by Simon Armitage. The "subspecies" remark is there, with context.

The Morrissey Guardian episode was a low point, for The Guardian. In the 24 hours prior to publication the staff and writers at the Guardian took to Twitter congratulating themselves on what was about to come. Their agenda was laid in plain sight for all to see, as was their sense of achievement. Morrissey has his haters, and he doesn't make allowances for them. Anyone claiming to need clarification or qualification of what he meant, just hasn't been paying attention. And I don't believe that anyone in the media can make claim to that. It was a hatchet job.

On Twitter, campaigning against the Yulin Dog Meat Festival.
It will be very interesting to see how his (somewhat familiar) choice of words works out for him!

Yesterday accidentally I watched a documentary about this festival, after a second I was in the bathroom vomiting and thinking about Morrissey's words about Chinese people. How can I say he was'nt right?

Re: More disturbed by the Whale slaughter footage than the Israeli Peta footage shown during Meat is Murder

Dude. Totally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: More disturbed by the Whale slaughter footage than the Israeli Peta footage shown during Meat is Murder

I have to say Ricky Gervais is really impressing me more than Moz on the animal rights front. Gervais can be a bit harsh at times but he throws in his wicked sense of humor to sometimes alleviate the situation. I wish Moz would do this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...turbing-footage-of-hunt-emerges-10414251.html

I agree that Ricky's wit has made him a valuable voice for wild animals and domestic pets. It would be great if he became vegan and also spoke for cows, chickens and pigs.

The Chinese are some of the most cruel, selfish, disgusting and racist people out there. We are making a big mistake in opening up our borders and trade with these very backward humans. I cannot disguise their destructive and cruel methods in the politically correct blanket of mere 'cultural' differences and allow their cancerous behaviour affect those who are very much against barbarism. Let's just say that torture of anything alive is heinous and criminal and that no one, including animals, deserves this and anyone justifying it by any possible reason is indeed a criminal and a sub-human. It's about time someone of any fame spoke out.

Tags
animal welfare china dogs sub-human
Back
Top Bottom