Request: Mountjoy Tab

Lucas Has a Cat

One Orange Cat
Hello:

Is there anybody who could help me discern the chords for 'Mountjoy?' It's my favorite off the new album and I would love to be able to play it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Lucas

The song is basically Boz cycling between two of three chords. Place a capo on 2 and play the following:

044200--------022100

004210--------022100

I honestly haven't listened to it closely enough to match out which of the above two progressions go over which specific lyrics, but know that that's all that it is. The entire song, he's either playing the top line or the bottom line. A synth cello line comes in toward the end playing a series of descending notes which in theory changes the chord, but if you're just having fun on guitar, this is what you need to play the song. Very simple.

Shit, I forgot there is technically a chorus — the "we all lose" bit. Uhh hold on.

With the capo on 2, as I said, the chorus is

B-------A---------C#m------B

A-------E----------C#m------B

It's the same for the "we all lose" bit before the outro. When the lyrics end, the outro (with the synth cellos) is

G-------F#---------F----------E repeated.

Boz is actually playing variations of all of these chords leaving the top two strings open, giving it sort of a fuller, more ringing sound. If you play it like that, you should sound fairly damned near the recording. Even if you don't though, you can still play and sing the song accurately with just the straight chords listed above.

Last edited:
Hello:

Is there anybody who could help me discern the chords for 'Mountjoy?' It's my favorite off the new album and I would love to be able to play it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Lucas

It's one of my faves on the album too and could ultimately be my favourite soon. Will you be posting your guitar playing on youtube?

Back
Top Bottom