Recommend something, anything

Re: Recommend something, anything!

sophie-scholl_sw_kl.gif
Several years ago I saw the film Sophie Scholl: The Final Days (2005). The film is based on the true story of the young non-violent activist, Sophie Scholl, and the White Rose group that intellectually resisted the Third Reich by distributing pamphlets and writing anti-Nazi graffiti at a time when doing so was treason. Since the 1970s, Scholl has been celebrated as one of the great German heroes who actively opposed the Third Reich during the Second World War.

The film is desperately haunting and will leave a permanent imprint on your psyche. I recommend it to anyone who wants to be moved and not simply be entertained.

You can watch the entire film on YouTube. Have a box of tissues handy. You will need them.

^^^ I shall give that a try.

sophie-scholl_sw_kl.gif
Several years ago I saw the film Sophie Scholl: The Final Days (2005). The film is based on the true story of the young non-violent activist, Sophie Scholl, and the White Rose group that intellectually resisted the Third Reich by distributing pamphlets and writing anti-Nazi graffiti at a time when doing so was treason. Since the 1970s, Scholl has been celebrated as one of the great German heroes who actively opposed the Third Reich during the Second World War.

The film is desperately haunting and will leave a permanent imprint on your psyche. I recommend it to anyone who wants to be moved and not simply be entertained.

You can watch the entire film on YouTube. Have a box of tissues handy. You will need them.

Thanks - will definitely have a look at this.

I will recommend any Aimee Mann album, but if I had to pick one it would be the faultless Lost In Space
Aimee_Mann_-_Lost_in_Space.jpg

Breaking Bad fan?

You might enjoy this conversation between Charlie Rose and Vince Gilligan ~ the creator of the highly acclaimed television series Breaking Bad.

The digital world has destroyed my handwriting through lack of practice so I bought a Lamy Safari fountain pen, matt black, broad nib. I love it. I'm learning to write again.

Thanks for this recommendation! I bought one on eBay for my hubby....he LOVES it. Very cool pen! Thanks again!

Can I recommend a solo drinking game called Take A Shot for Every Time Realitybites Makes A Breaking Bad Reference? Lol.

I'd buy something from this kid in a heartbeat.

1001255_316115501868541_1532293174_n.jpg

I recommend donating an hour or two of your time, once a week at your local rescue mission or food bank. I work at a hotel and there is always an abundance of perfectly good food and drinks that can be donated. If you don't have any food to donate, just help out for an hour or two. I started doing this a year ago and its great. Don't do it to make yourself feel better, do it because people need help from time to time, and believe me, even after spending one hour there, you will realize that your life does not suck as much as you think it does in comparative terms to other peoples.

Yesterday, I had the best tortilla chips I have ever tasted. These are so delicious and addictive. They put Doritos to shame. And are better than any fresh-from-the-fryer ones I have had at restaurants. They aren't too salty but are packed with flavor... light, crisp, and won't leave a yucky orange residue on your finger tips. They are a bit pricey, at almost 9 bucks for 26 ounces. But they are perfect for a special occasion such as a party or a treat while watching a long-awaited film on your TV or PC.

9512597846_4e5d59cb08_c.jpg

9513929944_376baf6801_c.jpg

9513528698_6bdf6901a6_c.jpg

Morrissey's cologne!

9526256628_e0647b306c_z.jpg

I'm on an all things Moz binge at the moment. So I thought it was about time I checked out the fragrance he is so fond of. I ordered a sample. It is gorgeous, just like the man who wears it. :p

I recommend Lavender Dryer Bags from Trader Joes. It's a sache of lavender stems and flowers that leaves the whole load smelling lovely. It says it's good for 5-10 loads. It's closer to 5 so I just use it for sheets and towels since it's about $9 for 4 bags, but worth it. There's probably a non-Trader Joes version somewhere too.

9594445326_ea757b4aa8_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom