Question on re-released Smiths albums

Stefan Krix

Collector's guild
Here in Germany, all Smiths CD albums featured in The Smiths Complete have been re-released as jewel case versions on the Wea label again in early 2012.
They have used the old sleeves from the 1993 re-release (cropped images of Hatful Of Hollow, Meat Is Murder and The World Won't Listen), but the discs are the remastered ones from 2011. The discs are Made in EU and state (c) 1986 Warner Music Uk and (p) 2011 Warner Music UK.

Have US counterparts been released, too? Are they on Wea, too, or on a different Warner label, e.g. Rhino?

Thanks in advance for information!

I don't know about US releases, but I can tell you that Australia's followed the same system as in Germany - the albums have all been re-released here too, in the same manner Stefan described, with pink stickers on the cases to indicate they're the remastered editions. I suspect the only difference from the German equivalents is the "Distributed by Warner Music Australia" blurb on the back of the sleeves.

Stefan, if you have any need for the info, I've can send you the catalogue numbers for the Australian editions - I scribbled them all down in the middle of the JB Hi-fi shop. ;)

Back
Top Bottom