> offensively challenged the Devils were and what a powerhouse how Detroit
> was. Detriots' first playoff game was a joke. They had close to 70 shots
> on goal and score only once! It wasn't CUJO's fault. The guy took the game
> to triple OT. The Wings scored 6 goals in 4 games and are complaining
> about goal tending! Goal tending was not the issue for them in the
> playoffs. Crappy powerplay (2-17 I think), failing to score, giving up
> leads, to name a few. It's just easier to blame it on one guy instead of
> the rest of the team.
> Hold on to that Brodeur's Rookie card!
> So is Mozzer a Duck or Kings fan?

You and proper both make good points. imho the coaching staff is more to blame than the offense or the goaltending. I don't think they made the proper adjustments. Luc is old, but I still think his year long slump was out of character. However, Giggy still outplayed Cujo and Brodeur outplayed Giggy. I'm not saying Cujo is the worst goalie ever, I'm just saying he is second tier. Turco, Brodeur, Hasek, etc. are the first tier. There are probably only 10 teams that have a first or second tier goalie.

There was also that one game where Federov got that gift goal late in the third...and the wings couldn't capitalize. I think it was more of the Wings were slumping and the Ducks were peaking...but with the talent the Wings have, that coaching staff should have been able to get something to work in four games. One could also say the players were not hungry enough. They had just won the cup the year previous and because the playoffs go so long, they don't get much of a summer rest before they have to jump back into the regular season. Also the Stars played much better against the Ducks too. But Turco did as well.

What makes the whole thing Cujo thing interersting is that Cujo has a no trade clause in his contract. So he will have a lot of say in who he gets traded to...if he wants to leave. Either way, Detroit is probably going to have to pay a portion of his salary. Well the fans want Federov back, the management wants Federov back, and the players want Federov back...now does Federov want Federov back?...

Don't worry...I will hold onto my Brodeur RC's. It's the Lindros RC's that I should have chucked.

Hey Let's Go Devils and Celtic

What's up with Kidd?

I didn't know it was that bad between him and Scott. Sounds to me like he's hoping management won't fire Scott so he is free to go to the Spurs. I hope Scott resigns so Kidd's tactics backfire on him. If Scott resigns, and the Nets tank with Kidd...then Kidd looks bad. If Scott resigns and Kidd signs witht the Spurs anyways, then Scott can re-sign with the Nets and Kidd looks bad. I'm saying this in the opinion that Kidd is using Scott as a scapegoat for him wanting to get out of New Jersey when he could just state as much.

> Don't worry...I will hold onto my Brodeur RC's. It's the Lindros RC's that
> I should have chucked.
LOL, Im sorry, but I think your in big trouble with the Lindros card. Look at this!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2740512677

Re: Hey Let's Go Devils and Celtic

> What's up with Kidd?

> I didn't know it was that bad between him and Scott. Sounds to me like
> he's hoping management won't fire Scott so he is free to go to the Spurs.
> I hope Scott resigns so Kidd's tactics backfire on him. If Scott resigns,
> and the Nets tank with Kidd...then Kidd looks bad. If Scott resigns and
> Kidd signs witht the Spurs anyways, then Scott can re-sign with the Nets
> and Kidd looks bad. I'm saying this in the opinion that Kidd is using
> Scott as a scapegoat for him wanting to get out of New Jersey when he
> could just state as much.
Your exactly right. I've haven't even heard rumors about it and the first I heard of bad blood between them was this morning. I'm really not into basketball but If something like this was reported in the local papers or news I would have remembered.

Sure,they got swept...but whats your teasm done in the last 6-7 years??? how many cups have they won??? How many??? we're cool... I did mistake you for someone else. Hell,if chris osgood9who is a piece of shit goalie,even with the wings),can win a cup...anythings possible. detroit didnt deserve to win that cup. Im not whining or mad...I agree,they were extremely cold...had too many injuries...no defense and giggy played above his head...it happens. You know your shit about hockey...as I said before...impressive.

But,now that stevie franchise will be back healthy,we have hatcher(and im sure someone else as well soon),plus the dominator in goal...look out. I could be wrong...but the wings will win it all again..and take back whats rightfully theres.

Nice chatting...Im in a good mood today....take my friendliness as a sign of being nice...but dont cross me...cool????

The problem with detroit last season was...too many dinosaurs on their team....chelios is a shadow of what he was in chicago..... robitaille is good,but not the scorer he once was...shanny is good too(see robitaille)...hull is the one who kept us in the playoffs. Im pissed off more at the idiot detroit fans who blame cujo for everything. I think personally,the guy will be a bona fide SC winner as soon as he gets with a team that can win. average goaltending can win cups..you're 100% correct. Look at dallas a few years back...belfour was at best....average and the stars won it all... same with the flames...(unfortunately) same with the wings as well... osgood was at best mediocre...that was proved this year with st.louis...Ive never been a huge osgood fan(too much of a headcase and her lets in wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many soft goals).... vernon was great for us...we won that cup because of him..... the won we won in 2002...we won because of great golatending and just too many weapons offensively. Good arguement.....Mr.Improper is impressed....That doesnt happen very often...you and devils/celtic fan know your shit.

Im going out on a line and saying that manny fernandez(from the wild) will be a stud again this season..... and that mats sundin will be traded to a contender before the seasons up...... I look for the devils to come out of the east...and of course...my wings to come out of the west...but alot can happen...... We'll have to wait and see...good chat........really!!!!

Im still wondering why chelios is even on the team...what a waste of 6 million bucks. he got his ring..now retire so schneider and hatcher can take over. larionov is a studd too. these idiot detroit fans think cujo's crap???? are you kidding me???? Im harsh on the fans...you're goddamn right. They dont think cujo can win the stanley..I know the guy can....

> Im still wondering why chelios is even on the team...what a waste of 6
> million bucks. he got his ring..now retire so schneider and hatcher can
> take over. larionov is a studd too. these idiot detroit fans think cujo's
> crap???? are you kidding me???? Im harsh on the fans...you're goddamn
> right. They dont think cujo can win the stanley..I know the guy can....

Well, I don't know my stuff too well .... I thought Ottawa was going to take New Jersey. You killed me on the predictions this year. You get bragging rights and a bowl of Yoshinoya for that.

Won't it be interesting if Cujo does go to the Avs? Ahhh...this is going to be a great year. Also, I think you are going to love Chelios. He and Kariya have an ongoing feud dating back to what...94? They are quite competitive on the ice. That will heat things up a bit between the Avs and Wings.

Oh and speaking of dinosaurs the Wings love to go fossil hunting don't they. Every year they seem to bypass youth and go for fossils. Larry Murphy, Dino Ciccerelli, etc. Even their goalie is 38. Well, it has been working for them because they have such a strong core.

haha...as far as my team winning the Stanley Cup in the last 7 years...try never.*ashamed* (damn you Roy!) (those two hints should give you a good idea) But I also support other teams too that I like the team. There are certain players in the league that I like to watch and cheer for the team they play for. Then of course there are players that I will almost always cheer against their teams. Anyways, the Wings made me a lot of money in Vegas two years ago...I'm hoping the Avs will do that for me this year.

Thanks for the Olive Branch...I was quite bewildered at first at your sudden change in demeanor towards me but understand. I have confused people on here before too. Glad to see we can get back to the important things...discussing sports and 40 year old pop singers....oh and how the Avs are going to win the cup next year.

Re: Hey Madness of King George

I guess either it was a rumor or they worked it out. What do you think of the Kobe Bryant story.

Rod Thorn denied it. Jason Kidd denied it. Even Jason Kidd's wife is denying it.

News reports that Kidd demanded that the New Jersey Nets fire coach Byron Scott as a means of preventing Kidd's free-agent defection to the San Antonio Spurs have been dismissed on both sides.

Kidd and his wife, Journana, told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that the request was never made during a meeting with Kidd's agent, team owners and Thorn, the Nets president.

Thorn also denied the report in a statement released late Thursday afternoon.

"I want to categorically refute the story in several of today's papers that Jason Kidd demanded that Nets head coach Byron Scott be fired as a pre-condition to his returning with the New Jersey Nets basketball team," read Thorn's statement. "I want to state emphatically that at no time, in any conversation that I have had with Jason, has he demanded that coach Scott be fired.

"In my over four decades in the NBA, I have never encountered a player more cognizant than Jason of the delineation of roles between management, players and coaches. Jason fully understands that management, and not players, decide who will be employed by the team. I want to reiterate that this was an erroneous story without merit -- Jason Kidd has never asked nor demanded that coach Scott be fired, and to be portrayed otherwise is an injustice to Jason as well as coach Scott."

Scott, who was in Canada speaking to children at a basketball camp, told the London (Ontario) Free Press he was "very surprised" by the reports and that he and Kidd "always got along."

"That's all I'm going to say about that," Scott said.

According to a report in Thursday's New York Post, several league sources said Kidd would only return to the Nets if Scott was fired. The newspaper also says Kidd demanded that the team upgrade its talent.

Neither Kidd nor Thorn were quoted by the Post.

Agent Brian McInerney, who has represented Scott since his playing days as a Laker, told the Post that he spoke with Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz, after learning of the player's demands.

"I [talk] to Jeff Schwartz frequently and we both believe that whatever is decided should be decided in a professional manner and not in a public debate," McInerney told the newspaper Wednesday night. "I doubt the validity of this meeting without an official comment from Rod Thorn.

"These releases harm the franchise, harm the players, harm players' families. Everything should only be released through Rod Thorn."

According to one of the tabloid's sources, Kidd told ownership that his complaint stems from Scott's in-game coaching. After the Nets lost the NBA Finals in six games -- Scott was criticized for his fourth-quarter adjustments -- sources told the Post that Kidd told New Jersey's brass his son "T.J. could have coached a better quarter."

Scott wasn't buying it. Asked by the Post if he sensed any ill feelings or animosity from Kidd in their two seasons together, Scott quickly said, "No, not at all."

The two have appeared to be able to work together in the past and, according to the Post's account, have had an amicable relationship away from the court. But during the season there were rumblings of a rift, that Kidd disapproved of Scott's coaching decisions.

> I guess either it was a rumor or they worked it out. What do you think of
> the Kobe Bryant story.

> Rod Thorn denied it. Jason Kidd denied it. Even Jason Kidd's wife is
> denying it.

Regarding Kidd... I would think that the news stories are false and he didn't say it based on the information so far. If he did say it...WOW...what a bombshell. Which is probably why this story was reported. Maybe some media giant printed this story in all of it's papers to make a few bucks or to make Kidd come public wiht who he is going to sign for.

Now if he signs with San Antonio, there will always be doubt about this story and which story was the truth.

Regarding Kobe...I am shocked. Kobe always had that aura of being a good guy. However, so did Magic Johnson and he cheated on his wife hundreds of times. Maybe this girl was messing around with Kobe and was trying to blackmail him after the fact. Then when he wouldn't pay up she came out with this story. The felony sexual assault goes from rape to just merely groping. So who knows. It's really hard to specualte...I just can't see Kobe committing a felony with three body guards watching his back and his past history. Although he did grow up in Europe. Either the woman is outright lying, or she was consensual and then decided to go for the money and the fame. I'm sure somewhere in Philly, Iverson is chuckling to himself over it all.

> Regarding Kidd... I would think that the news stories are false and he
> didn't say it based on the information so far. If he did say
> it...WOW...what a bombshell. Which is probably why this story was
> reported. Maybe some media giant printed this story in all of it's papers
> to make a few bucks or to make Kidd come public wiht who he is going to
> sign for.

Now it looks like he is staying.

> Regarding Kobe...I am shocked. Kobe always had that aura of being a good
> guy. However, so did Magic Johnson and he cheated on his wife hundreds of
> times. Maybe this girl was messing around with Kobe and was trying to
> blackmail him after the fact. Then when he wouldn't pay up she came out
> with this story. The felony sexual assault goes from rape to just merely
> groping. So who knows. It's really hard to specualte...I just can't see
> Kobe committing a felony with three body guards watching his back and his
> past history. Although he did grow up in Europe. Either the woman is
> outright lying, or she was consensual and then decided to go for the money
> and the fame. I'm sure somewhere in Philly, Iverson is chuckling to
> himself over it all.
I agree. If she is lying I guess we will find out more next week when the DNA comes back. What was it something like she worked the front desk but she was the one who brought room service up to them?
That's funny about Iverson. He sure does love his guns.

Back
Top Bottom