Pre show songs played in 2019 Toronto on Saturday night

Dermott

Just wondered if anyone knew any of the song titles that were played before Morrissey came on? there was a Cajun? instrumental played would love to know the title, any help is greatly appreciated

Just wondered if anyone knew any of the song titles that were played before Morrissey came on? there was a Cajun? instrumental played would love to know the title, any help is greatly appreciated
His go to track for pre-show was:

He also used:

If it's not those - Hey Mom by Nathan Abshire is his favourite Cajun tune (which he wanted for Under The Influence, but didn't get).

Regards,
FWD.

With regards to other music:
I've not seen much pre-show footage surface yet.
I caught:
Massimo Ranieri: Pietà Per Chi Ti Ama
And one of Lypsinka's clips.

I'm interested in finding out two artists from the pre-show videos: the first was a band with a female singer/guitarist, kinda sounded like Florence + Machine maybe. Second was another band with female singer...she had black curly hair. Both songs were really cool but of course my Shazam app couldn't figure out who the artists were.

You never cease to amaze me FWD.
you are truly a tremendous asset to this community.
He may as well be the only member..

You never cease to amaze me FWD.
you are truly a tremendous asset to this community.

He doesn’t trawl the internet all day and night for nothing, he’s salaried at 72k.
Oh, hang on; he’s not.

I'm interested in finding out two artists from the pre-show videos: the first was a band with a female singer/guitarist, kinda sounded like Florence + Machine maybe. Second was another band with female singer...she had black curly hair. Both songs were really cool but of course my Shazam app couldn't figure out who the artists were.

The curl haired one was LP playing Lost on You

I dont know the other one though, and have been searching!

This?

That's Anna Calvi - Blackout (definitely shown at Toronto).
Regards,
FWD.

who was the guy in the 60’s video with the girls in short shorts.

Hey all, just saw Moz in NY at Forest Hills Stadium, and saw him a couple of months ago on Broadway. I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer.

Before he comes on, he has all these videos play. Some are clips of old movies, some music clips, etc. When I saw him on Broadway, I loved one of the songs from those clips, but couldn't figure out what it was. They played the same video again tonight and I still don't know who it is by or what song it is.

It's a concert video of a band (a 3 piece, I think), and the frontwoman has blondish hair which is tied back and she is playing guitar, and the main lyric in the chorus is something like "what are you trying to tell me."

The song, the voice, and the performance are all great and I really want to know who she is and dive deeper, but I have no idea. I tried Googling based on the above lyric, but no luck. I don't know how else to describe this, but I feel like for people into certain music there is probably an obvious answer. I feel like she is probably a well known 80s artist that I am just unfamiliar with . Hoping one of you can help me.

Hey all, just saw Moz in NY at Forest Hills Stadium, and saw him a couple of months ago on Broadway. I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer.

Before he comes on, he has all these videos play. Some are clips of old movies, some music clips, etc. When I saw him on Broadway, I loved one of the songs from those clips, but couldn't figure out what it was. They played the same video again tonight and I still don't know who it is by or what song it is.

It's a concert video of a band (a 3 piece, I think), and the frontwoman has blondish hair which is tied back and she is playing guitar, and the main lyric in the chorus is something like "what are you trying to tell me."

The song, the voice, and the performance are all great and I really want to know who she is and dive deeper, but I have no idea. I tried Googling based on the above lyric, but no luck. I don't know how else to describe this, but I feel like for people into certain music there is probably an obvious answer. I feel like she is probably a well known 80s artist that I am just unfamiliar with . Hoping one of you can help me.
Lyrics match:
"Oh, blackout, I've gotta know where you're from
What are you trying to tell me, I don't know
Oh, blackout, now this moment has come
Here in the dark, I could be anyone"

Might not be the exact video used, but that's Anna Calvi: "Blackout":

Regards,
FWD.

What about the Spanish language girl ..dark hair, tats, vaguely Amy Winehouse-esque looking.. bordello themed set. Who is she?

Also confirmed by this other user.

Pretty apt choice by Morrissey that echoes the recent events and protest by the students against the authorities in the streets of Hong Kong, shall we say

What about the Spanish language girl ..dark hair, tats, vaguely Amy Winehouse-esque looking.. bordello themed set. Who is she?

(Post edited to remove java script)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all helpful for a further addition to the intermission music series...
I'd not heard of Mon Laferte either, but they were on the night after Morrissey at the Tropicalia Festival last November.
Regards,
FWD.

(N2S: She's the first artist confirmed for Viña del Mar 2020).

I recently went to the morrissey concert in IL and have a question. Before Morrissey came on, There was a clip of a little boy singing "Please, please let me get what I want". Does anyone know who this kid is and if I could find it on the internet anywhere...I have done google searches and nothing has shown up. I do apologize if this is a question that you have heard once or more..I did a search on here, nothing shows up.

Tags
intermission songs pre show songs
Back
Top Bottom