Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

i bought this dress off of this greek site that fay skorda is always tagging on her instagram, as i felt like i needed something greek. it occurred to me that it would be funny to start dressing in weird ill-suited greek clothes so that everyone would be like "whats up with the way she's been dressing lately" but then i thought i'd save that for a character in one of my novels and instead just bought this which i dont think is weird at all, but rather super classy and therefore perfectly suitable for me. although i sort of feel like it's something a fifty year old would wear, but im not too worried about that . fay skorda wears clothes by them and she's my muse for entering middle age (even though the two of us are NOTHING alike so i dont know how that works). it was on sale half price so it was only like 60 euros, which means that i couldnt afford not to buy it. that's called logic. now i just need to get my hands on some alfa beer and knorr pasta snack pots and ill be livin the dream!
1593404796527.png

in more practical matters i finally bought some proper shoes. i was starting, in a petulant passive aggressive sort of way, to enjoy going around with shoes with holes in them. it was perfectly antisocial behaviour! in one of her short stories margaret atwood writes about a woman who always felt sad whenever they mentioned in the papers the shoes murder victims were wearing, because the shoes were symbolic of having somewhere to go, of the person getting up that morning and putting on their shoes thinking they had somewhere they needed to be. which i think is why i enjoyed going around with falling apart shoes: because i have absolutely nowhere to be, except of course work, which is exactly like being nowhere. it does feel good to have new comfortable shoes though.

i bought this dress off of this greek site that fay skorda is always tagging on her instagram, as i felt like i needed something greek. it occurred to me that it would be funny to start dressing in weird ill-suited greek clothes so that everyone would be like "whats up with the way she's been dressing lately" but then i thought i'd save that for a character in one of my novels and instead just bought this which i dont think is weird at all, but rather super classy and therefore perfectly suitable for me. although i sort of feel like it's something a fifty year old would wear, but im not too worried about that . fay skorda wears clothes by them and she's my muse for entering middle age (even though the two of us are NOTHING alike so i dont know how that works). it was on sale half price so it was only like 60 euros, which means that i couldnt afford not to buy it. that's called logic. now i just need to get my hands on some alfa beer and knorr pasta snack pots and ill be livin the dream!
View attachment 57319

in more practical matters i finally bought some proper shoes. i was starting, in a petulant passive aggressive sort of way, to enjoy going around with shoes with holes in them. it was perfectly antisocial behaviour! in one of her short stories margaret atwood writes about a woman who always felt sad whenever they mentioned in the papers the shoes murder victims were wearing, because the shoes were symbolic of having somewhere to go, of the person getting up that morning and putting on their shoes thinking they had somewhere they needed to be. which i think is why i enjoyed going around with falling apart shoes: because i have absolutely nowhere to be, except of course work, which is exactly like being nowhere. it does feel good to have new comfortable shoes though.
Nice dress. Classy. And congrats on the shoes!

Never had syphillis. Had chlamidia once about 22 years ago. It was fine. Had to take football sized pills for two weeks.

Anyway thanks for sharing. Sylvia Plath is cumming in her grave.
Oh I just noticed your comment about Sylvia Plath. ?

My therapist thinks it’s a good idea to take a step back from social media for a while. I’ve suspended my Instagram, Facebook and twitter accounts. I feel as though I’m missing a limb.

My therapist thinks it’s a good idea to take a step back from social media for a while. I’ve suspended my Instagram, Facebook and twitter accounts. I feel as though I’m missing a limb.
What does your therapist suggest you do with your time instead?

I don't feel like doing anything. I'm just moping. I guess it's time to do some gratitude writing, to remind myself how good I have it.

View attachment 57319

I love this so much :hearteyes:

View attachment 57319

'although i sort of feel like it's something a fifty year old would wear' - this might explain why I actually like it!

It's Canada day tomorrow. I'm not used to a holiday falling on a Wednesday. Guess I'll go for a long walk during it.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom