Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

haha yeah, I love it how Morrissey does that :lbf: <3

my work is gonna go under, for sure. speaking of Tesco I managed to pick up some shifts at a grocery store I used to work at. im happy to do it (in fact, I think I like it better--the employees are more upbeat). I just hope I can manage to get enough shifts there to pay rent (im not sure if ill be eligible for any government handouts since I havent paid income tax in years--not sure how that works?). we're very clean at the grocery store. we're all on timers to wash our hands and change gloves every fifteen minutes, and there's constant cleaning of all surfaces, so im not worried about being exposed. im starting to wonder about that place I'm moving into april 1st and hope that this doesnt change anything. Id have no other place to live as the hostel is no longer going to be renting dorms and THAT would suck. what a shitty time, pep.

but at least theres no one in my family i feel i need to worry about, as i have no family over 60 or in particularly frail condition, so you have my sympathy, pep. that must be really frightening for you. im sure your ex knew you said it because you cared and were frustrated. people just need to cooperate right now (and listen to pep pep!). no jackassery is needed. I mean, i hate all these measures they're taking but if we all act like jackasses and don't do what we're told its just gonna drag on for longer and longer. there was this guy in the store complaining that we werent selling lottery tickets because we were only doing "essential services". he yelled "60 million is an essential service!" and then started grumbling that the lottery corporation is gonna go broke. thats someone who REALLY doesnt get it. the idea behind "essential services only" is to reduce unnecessary contact meaning that you shouldnt be leaving your housing over a f***ing lottery ticket which you have no hope in hell of winning anyway. :rolleyes:

you're a genius, pep! gin and tonics tonight!! :rock:
Kids came over with ex for mother's day. Much hilarity all round about me telling him to 'just die.' Big relief! Managed to straighten it all out before he ACTUALLY dies of corona. That would have been a hard one to live with.

Do you have to have paid tax to qualify for the handouts? I mean, how does it work for people on really low incomes who pay no/hardly any tax? Hoping you can make it all work money-wise with the new job, that is a worry. Anyway, you'll be in big demand once they all start dropping like flies. You won't be on shifts, you'll probably be running the place.

The lottery guy does indeed sound like a jackass. When I worked in retail, more years ago than I care to recall, I was really struck by the ratio of odd people to normal people. It's actually much higher than you would think, isn't it?

G&Ts sounds good. I am on the dark chocolate myself. Cheers! Here's to Essential Services, and all those who currently provide them.

must say that my life hasnt changed much since the restrictions, but i eventually enjoy it more. got used to the home office thing, dont miss the colleagues and the meaningless, negative or forced sympathetic babble surrounding them. social noise pollution.
no clans playing appaling music out on the streets, no cars, but more bird song. ppl are more relaxed in general. and i guess that it has never been more germ-free inside and outside the houses.
i wouldnt want to swap places with medical personnel at the moment though, they are in the war zone. the home front is pretty peaceful, yet.

Anyone else suspicious that the measures being enforced from Coronavirus is one big public experiment?

In London they're threatening to close the parks now. f*** you!
might be a rehearsal for the upcoming ecological catastrophe which is predicted to hit us within the next ten years. our politicians should know about it. but i dont think corona is a scheme. it"s important to have the population practise "fire drills" once in awhile so that the negative effects on the economy can be mitigated especially in more severe circumstances.

might be a rehearsal for the upcoming ecological catastrophe which is predicted to hit us within the next ten years. our politicians should know about it. but i dont think corona is a scheme. it"s important to have the population practise "fire drills" once in awhile so that the negative effects on the economy can be mitigated especially in more severe circumstances.
Very true. It does feel like a practice run.

I'm still suspicious. You may blindly trust your government, I don't believe a single word that comes out of their mouths. A politician is a professional liar.

Well seeing as virtually every government Is taking a similar approach, I’m inclined to trust them. Why not spend tomorrow wandering around your town licking door handles and see what happens?

True, but full disclosure I may have posted pictures of an ice cream truck before. :D

I LOVE ice cream trucks. when I was a kid I would hear their bells from my house while the truck drove up my street and I would run out with no shoes on chasing it to get my push-up, snow cone or other treat! Now I only run if someone is chasing me. :(

@Mr. Jackpots I mean you don't know for sure that everyone else on here isn't CEO of a Fortune 500 company just trying to stay in touch with the little people.

giphy.gif

GO GAMMAS!!!

Are you referring to that Breaking Bad scene where Todd's uncle is talking to him about Lydia?

No, more just not to stick your dingas into a wood chipper by accident. I hate when I do that. (now that is an old SNL reference from a Billy Crystal sketch). I started watching BB until the episode where he handcuffed the guy in the basement and killed him and that was it. I am not a blood and guts guy. The first part of Full Metal Jacket was great and then the guy went into the bathroom and shot the sergeant and that was the end for me. :gun:

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom