Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Ahh, Mr 12", thank you ? And take care yourself, hope you are being cautious and self-isolating over there.

Oh Pep Pep, I’ve been self-isolating for months. :lbf:

We are still relatively free over here, there is no lockdown (yet). I think maybe it’s the better approach - they cannot keep millions of people prisoners in their own homes for the foreseeable future because instead of a virus people will start dying from depression, suicide and violent crime.

Did she write them on bananas? I ONLY accept platitudes that have been written on bananas. Geez, what an asshole.

Shit, pep pep, this has gotten really sucky really fast. They've been talking at work about cutting hours. I ain't NEVER gonna get back to Greece or London at this point. I mean I know there are more important concerns but still.... greece and London are important too :( (as is being able to pay rent! *sigh*). shit I hope dreamyneil 's gonna be okay. He's a frail Lil wisp of a thing, you know. You, dreamyneil and bun bun need to take good care of yourselves!! (Not me, I've already had it. No one believes me when I tell them that though :p)

I can't believe this is the state of things :(

Don't stop dreaming of Greece and London. They can't keep us all locked up forever. ?

View attachment 55218
They laughed at me for #working@Kmart but now who's laughing bitches!

giphy.gif

Oh Pep Pep, I’ve been self-isolating for months. :lbf:

We are still relatively free over here, there is no lockdown (yet). I think maybe it’s the better approach - they cannot keep millions of people prisoners in their own homes for the foreseeable future because instead of a virus people will start dying from depression, suicide and violent crime.
I know, you have to ask yourself, 'Apart from the threat of imminent death, how exactly is my life going to be much different?' :lbf: You are right of course about keeping people in lockdown indefinitely - I think that's why we have been trying to put it off for as long as possible, but things here are escalating rapidly now. It's quite hard to get your head around because it's all happened so fast. Daughter's GCSEs are cancelled and school is shut. Younger son is being allowed to finish his college course from home (college is shut). Eldest son works for a law firm and is now working from home. If the Corona doesn't get us, we will probably kill each other :lbf:

Can't believe the Czech guy's biggest worry, staying in a hostel, during the biggest global health crisis for a century, is not seeing any bears o_O Think I would be tempted to eat the cheesecake AND open the window, to spite him for his stupidity.

Money-wise, new things here are being announced on a daily basis. The latest message seems to be that everyone will be protected, even if it means doling out free money for a time. I'd be surprised if other countries aren't doing something similar. But if you're worried about not earning enough, you could do a lot worse than joining the emergency services! Especially since you're now presumably immune - Rifke, they need you!!
Can you drive? Guaranteed jobs delivering groceries right now, they are desperate for more drivers since those selfish bastards keep stealing all the delivery slots.

Your fat squirrel should think itself lucky it's not in China, no doubt it would have been eaten by now. Then we would all have a new, squirrel-borne disease to look forward to. :mask:
You're so right, pep pep. I'm now in a room by myself with Czech guy because four people are no longer allowed to be in a room together. I think he checks out on Sunday (to go back home early) and after that I'm hoping I'll have the room to myself. I was so relieved when I saw the sign posted on the door because I was getting about ready to murder Ryan from Langford with his 2am binges on bags of candy complete with much sloppy chewing sounds and rustling of bags. I said to him last night "how much candy are you going to eat? ". "Probably all of it", he said. "Are we going to gave to listen to it all night?", my inner morrissey had to ask. He said "probably", grabbed his coat and left, slamming the door. Immature jerk!

I don't have my licence, pep pep! I'm just gonna sit around and eat cheesecake until this thing is over. How do you make gin and tonics? I think I'm gonna start drinking them so I need to know. A GOOD gin and tonic, not a mediocre one.

Don't stop dreaming of Greece and London. They can't keep us all locked up forever. ?
Thanks bun bun, that helps. It seems like five lifetimes ago you and I were talking about meeting in Greece. :(

Glad to hear from you. I think swedens approach is the better one. If there was a time frame on it, like "right, for three weeks we all need to into isolation and do this and that" and afterwards everything will go back to normal it would be okay. It's the indefinite nature of it, the lack of clarity that's so hard to deal with. Our daily lives right now are not any fun and you can't plan anything in the future to look forward to. I don't think the anxiety and depression is worth it.

Mi pregunta es donde carajo esta Morrissey ,?? Aislado en cuarentena como todo el mundo ahora? Pero donde en Los Angeles??? EN INGLATERRA?? ALGUIEN SABE DONDE ESTA M???

Thanks bun bun, that helps. It seems like five lifetimes ago you and I were talking about meeting in Greece. :(

Glad to hear from you. I think swedens approach is the better one. If there was a time frame on it, like "right, for three weeks we all need to into isolation and do this and that" and afterwards everything will go back to normal it would be okay. It's the indefinite nature of it, the lack of clarity that's so hard to deal with. Our daily lives right now are not any fun and you can't plan anything in the future to look forward to. I don't think the anxiety and depression is worth it.

I think what will help Sweden (and Canada?) is the fact that relatively few people live in a very big country - I mean our population is half that of London. And Swedes are not very social beings and tend to stay at home a lot anyway, plus we have the highest number of single households in the world - we are natural social distancers.

Time will tell what the better approach was. Our prime minister will address the nation tonight, so the curfews are coming here, too...

I completely agree with you. I understand they have to do this and I'm social distancing and doing whatever I have to do as a responsible citizen, but if this drags on I'd rather be dead than having to live in this dystopian nightmare.

You're so right, pep pep. I'm now in a room by myself with Czech guy because four people are no longer allowed to be in a room together. I think he checks out on Sunday (to go back home early) and after that I'm hoping I'll have the room to myself. I was so relieved when I saw the sign posted on the door because I was getting about ready to murder Ryan from Langford with his 2am binges on bags of candy complete with much sloppy chewing sounds and rustling of bags. I said to him last night "how much candy are you going to eat? ". "Probably all of it", he said. "Are we going to gave to listen to it all night?", my inner morrissey had to ask. He said "probably", grabbed his coat and left, slamming the door. Immature jerk!

I don't have my licence, pep pep! I'm just gonna sit around and eat cheesecake until this thing is over. How do you make gin and tonics? I think I'm gonna start drinking them so I need to know. A GOOD gin and tonic, not a mediocre one.
These are challenging times to be sharing a room with sloppy chewers! I think your Inner Morrissey is speaking for the Inner Morrissey in all of us :lbf:

Gin and tonic? Let's see, I'm no expert but I think it's gin + tonic water.

Well, if you get bored of the cheesecake's company and work lays you off, you will probably find yourself in great demand somewhere having already had the virus. At my local Tesco right now you could probably name your price as a shelf stacker.

Feels like I'm just waiting now for one of my family to cop it. There are one or two whose chances I don't much fancy. I am quite a pragmatic person but I'm finding it hard to keep a level head right now. Can't believe I actually told my ex to 'Go ahead, just die' on the phone the other night, then hung up on him :oops: [Context: he was being rude and sneery at some advice I gave him to ward off the virus - he's in the 'at risk' group - but still...] Still feel bad about it, perhaps I need to channel my Inner Morrissey somehow. Moz wishes death routinely on people and doesn't seem troubled by it.

I think what will help Sweden (and Canada?) is the fact that relatively few people live in a very big country - I mean our population is half that of London. And Swedes are not very social beings and tend to stay at home a lot anyway, plus we have the highest number of single households in the world - we are natural social distancers.

Time will tell what the better approach was. Our prime minister will address the nation tonight, so the curfews are coming here, too...

I completely agree with you. I understand they have to do this and I'm social distancing and doing whatever I have to do as a responsible citizen, but if this drags on I'd rather be dead than having to live in this dystopian nightmare.

Since you thought welcoming millions of refugees into Europe was a good idea, then had second thoughts years later when it was too late, I think we can ignore whatever you think the "best approach" is regarding coronavirus. In fact, we should just do the exact opposite of whatever you think is the best approach. That's a good rule of thumb when considering any politic situation: 'always be on the opposite side of the issue to the side 12" on the slack is on'. As you're lamenting our supposed "freedom" (lol!, clueless), this tells me that our countries should all be put into lockdown indefinitely, preferably for many years, and we'll be infinitely better off. If it drives you mad then it must be right.

These are challenging times to be sharing a room with sloppy chewers! I think your Inner Morrissey is speaking for the Inner Morrissey in all of us :lbf:

Gin and tonic? Let's see, I'm no expert but I think it's gin + tonic water.

Well, if you get bored of the cheesecake's company and work lays you off, you will probably find yourself in great demand somewhere having already had the virus. At my local Tesco right now you could probably name your price as a shelf stacker.

Feels like I'm just waiting now for one of my family to cop it. There are one or two whose chances I don't much fancy. I am quite a pragmatic person but I'm finding it hard to keep a level head right now. Can't believe I actually told my ex to 'Go ahead, just die' on the phone the other night, then hung up on him :oops: [Context: he was being rude and sneery at some advice I gave him to ward off the virus - he's in the 'at risk' group - but still...] Still feel bad about it, perhaps I need to channel my Inner Morrissey somehow. Moz wishes death routinely on people and doesn't seem troubled by it.
haha yeah, I love it how Morrissey does that :lbf: <3

my work is gonna go under, for sure. speaking of Tesco I managed to pick up some shifts at a grocery store I used to work at. im happy to do it (in fact, I think I like it better--the employees are more upbeat). I just hope I can manage to get enough shifts there to pay rent (im not sure if ill be eligible for any government handouts since I havent paid income tax in years--not sure how that works?). we're very clean at the grocery store. we're all on timers to wash our hands and change gloves every fifteen minutes, and there's constant cleaning of all surfaces, so im not worried about being exposed. im starting to wonder about that place I'm moving into april 1st and hope that this doesnt change anything. Id have no other place to live as the hostel is no longer going to be renting dorms and THAT would suck. what a shitty time, pep.

but at least theres no one in my family i feel i need to worry about, as i have no family over 60 or in particularly frail condition, so you have my sympathy, pep. that must be really frightening for you. im sure your ex knew you said it because you cared and were frustrated. people just need to cooperate right now (and listen to pep pep!). no jackassery is needed. I mean, i hate all these measures they're taking but if we all act like jackasses and don't do what we're told its just gonna drag on for longer and longer. there was this guy in the store complaining that we werent selling lottery tickets because we were only doing "essential services". he yelled "60 million is an essential service!" and then started grumbling that the lottery corporation is gonna go broke. thats someone who REALLY doesnt get it. the idea behind "essential services only" is to reduce unnecessary contact meaning that you shouldnt be leaving your housing over a f***ing lottery ticket which you have no hope in hell of winning anyway. :rolleyes:

you're a genius, pep! gin and tonics tonight!! :rock:

im wondering what oxford street in London looks like right now. when i was there it was shoulder to shoulder people.

we'll get through it, bun bun!! in the meantime, staring at your Ziggy bunny has been helping a bit. he seems to get cuter the more I look at him. <3

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom