Oh Phoney

R

rick

Does antone know the origin of Morrissey tracks Born to Hang and Oh Phoney

> Does antone know the origin of Morrissey tracks Born to Hang and Oh Phoney

Antone who? Oh, you mean anyone!

But what do you mean by 'origin'? The words originated in Morrissey's mind (or possibly in the mind of someone who wrote a book he read or a film he saw), the music originated with his respective co-writers, or with the writers of the songs Morrissey may have instructed them to copy (a la Andy Rourke's appropriation of the Cookies 'Only To Other People' for 'Girl Least Likely To').

But do you mean, what are the songs about? Who is 'Phoney'? (My guess, Sandie Shaw). Or do you mean how did they get to see daylight? From a studio insider to comedian Michael Legge and after a long interlude on to the fans via Mrs. Shankly's website.

born to hang is rumored to have been written with mark nevin in 1992. oh phoney was most likely written in 1989 with kevin armstrong and was meant to be a bonus cd to suedehead.

for more info, try www.man.compson.org.uk

Shut up! You're an idiot Mindy

I don't care if you're fat or not, Jewish or not but one thing I do care for: Morrissey fans that are not idiot and 2 dimensional.
You're a total uninformed jerk! Get lost.

Re: Shut up! You're an idiot Mindy

i'm an idiot because i shared some information i got from a fairly reliable website? i'm two-dimensional because i tried to be helpful? well i'll be damned. guess i need to call webster and have him update his dictionary to better reflect those definitions you gave me. thanks!

p.s. you're not gonna get rid of me this time, so you may as well deal with it.