Off-topic fight thread

Gracias. I enjoy your posts as well (though not always your selections on the listening thread. To each their own, of course). I woud definitely qualify more as a "delta," though, if a "gamma" is said to be "fun-loving" or by implication outgoing. One of my favorite tongue-in-cheek Morrissey quotes: "I would never, ever do anything as vulgar as having fun."

If you get a chance there is this personality test you can take online created by Myers Briggs that is really enlightening as to what type of person you are. I am an ISFJ and there are several videos outlining each on Youtube. I watched several ISFJ videos and it was like they personally knew me. It just takes a few minutes. Here is the link:

Myers Briggs' Test

As for your Morrissey quote, I would be careful not to follow his words too closely. Everyone can do with a bit of this type of vulgarity...in small doses of course, and not too much as to crack a smile or something similarly damaging. ;)

If you get a chance there is this personality test you can take online created by Myers Briggs that is really enlightening as to what type of person you are. I am an ISFJ and there are several videos outlining each on Youtube. I watched several ISFJ videos and it was like they personally knew me. It just takes a few minutes. Here is the link:

Myers Briggs' Test

As for your Morrissey quote, I would be careful not to follow his words too closely. Everyone can do with a bit of this type of vulgarity...in small doses of course, and not too much as to crack a smile or something similarly damaging. ;)

LOL you must have been typing this as I posted the one above.

No 'silencing' by this site - just not online?
Perhaps someone mentioned horse idioms again or their emoji keyboard is broken!?
How did I end up in this thread...
Exit stage left even.
FWD.

I thought...somehow.. @Mozmar flowchart was implemented to arrive at this wondrous outcome. It would be a shame if all that effort went to waste.

You ended up in this thread because it is, was and will always be your destiny to shed light into the darkest corners of Moz solo.

And I get and love that cartoon reference!

source.gif

I thought...somehow.. @Mozmar flowchart was implemented to arrive at this wondrous outcome. It would be a shame if all that effort went to waste.

You ended up in this thread because it is, was and will always be your destiny to shed light into the darkest corners of Moz solo.

And I get and love that cartoon reference!

source.gif

With flowcharts, process maps & spreadsheets we can rule the world with clarity & structure. Does that make me Gamma?
I think last time I did a Psych test (some years ago) I was ESTJ or something actually...rings a bell.

With flowcharts, process maps & spreadsheets we can rule the world with clarity & structure. Does that make me Gamma?
I think last time I did a Psych test (some years ago) I was ESTJ or something actually...rings a bell.

giphy.gif

I can be extroverted if need be, but I always find comfort at the end of the day leading an introverted life, and you can spend time alone, but you much prefer being around people who are energized like yourself. Being Gamma is just a blessing bestowed upon us by the Greek Gods.

Myers Briggs' Test

As for your Morrissey quote, I would be careful not to follow his words too closely. Everyone can do with a bit of this type of vulgarity...in small doses of course, and not too much as to crack a smile or something similarly damaging.

I took the test, but I think I must've failed it. The three results it gave me didn't seem right. 1. INTJ: "The Mastermind. INTJs are analytical problem-solvers, eager to improve systems with their innovative ideas." 2. INTP: "The Architect. INTPs are philosophical innovators, fascinated by logical analysis, systems, and design." 3. ISTJ: "The Inspector. ISTJs are responsible organizers, driven to create and enforce order within systems and institutions."

Those all seem like left-brain personality types, but I've always considered myself (and been considered by friends) to be a distinct right-brain personality. I don't have much of a gift for analytical things. In school I received middling grades in math and science, and only took the amount of them required for graduation. My SAT score was lopsided in favor of the English side over the math. At this point in my life, I do feel like the "delta" description fits me. I think I was a bit too idle and dreamy and made some poor choices in my young adulthood, and things have not gone as well as I'd have liked as a result. What's the Myers-Briggs personality type for "I am a poor, freezingly cold soul | so far from where I intended to go?"

The Morrissey quote, I still like. I'm not not a sensualist, but I've always had a tendency towards (and appreciation for) asceticism and Puritanism. I think that's one of the (many) reasons why Morrissey appealed to me so much in my youth. He was a caustic and brittle tonic to everyone else's vapid woo-hoo fun time. There's a tinge of the old "Irish Jansenism" in him that's in me, too (I'm 3/4 Irish). There are, in fact, as you suggest, very few ways of having fun that aren't completely undignified, or embarrassing, or aesthetically ugly.

Myers Briggs' Test

:unsure:

you dont say Barnaby? the briggs test came up ISF for you?? what a stroke of good luck:rolleyes:

the BOC personality was not a match for you, the Old Coot with the Whopper Chopper Blender vids did nothing for you:crazy:

Everybody at the old folk home rolled their dentures in a glass of visine when you broke the news?

I took the test, but I think I must've failed it. The three results it gave me didn't seem right. 1. INTJ: "The Mastermind. INTJs are analytical problem-solvers, eager to improve systems with their innovative ideas." 2. INTP: "The Architect. INTPs are philosophical innovators, fascinated by logical analysis, systems, and design." 3. ISTJ: "The Inspector. ISTJs are responsible organizers, driven to create and enforce order within systems and institutions."

Those all seem like left-brain personality types, but I've always considered myself (and been considered by friends) to be a distinct right-brain personality. I don't have much of a gift for analytical things. In school I received middling grades in math and science, and only took the amount of them required for graduation. My SAT score was lopsided in favor of the English side over the math. At this point in my life, I do feel like the "delta" description fits me. I think I was a bit too idle and dreamy and made some poor choices in my young adulthood, and things have not gone as well as I'd have liked as a result. What's the Myers-Briggs personality type for "I am a poor, freezingly cold soul | so far from where I intended to go?"

The Morrissey quote, I still like. I'm not not a sensualist, but I've always had a tendency towards (and appreciation for) asceticism and Puritanism. I think that's one of the (many) reasons why Morrissey appealed to me so much in my youth. He was a caustic and brittle tonic to everyone else's vapid woo-hoo fun time. There's a tinge of the old "Irish Jansenism" in him that's in me, too (I'm 3/4 Irish). There are, in fact, as you suggest, very few ways of having fun that aren't completely undignified, or embarrassing, or aesthetically ugly.

I don't think it is possible to fail a personality test. That made me laugh. How incredibly undignified of me, but I'm OK with that. I am 1/4 Irish, but more German than anything so I find pleasure in resourcefulness. I have always taken care of myself so I get that feeling of separateness that Morrissey exudes in his lyrics. Seasick Yet Still Docked is one of my favorite songs of his.

I don't find it useful or healthy for that matter to measure myself against where I intended to go. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I started down that road, but now I lead my life through the lyrics of Mark Hollis...life's what you make it. I made a choice to take back my power to pursue my fate unencumbered by past intentions. I prefer not to consider my life as fait accompli, but ever capable of change if I put my mind to it, and my heart behind it.

It's like a badge of honor at this point. I suppose you're enjoying "the mental sodomy of this gamma nest"—a nest you said you'd had enough of. You know what they say: if you enjoy mental sodomy, then you also enjoy, well ...

Some people are masochists, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom