Noel Gallagher mentions Morrissey again and "Autobiography" in Entertainment.ie interview

An anonymous person writes:

Mentions bringing his wife to meet him at Claridge's and reading "Autobiography".

Interview: entertainment.ie speaks to Noel Gallagher - Part 3 - entertainment.ie

He also mentions having Johnny Marr in the studio and his sound engineer complaining about them talking so much - funny stuff.

Excerpt:

You've spoken before of how new song 'Riverman' was inspired by a night out with Russell Brand and Morrissey in LA. Do you see Morrissey much?

No, no. He's come to my shows and stuff like that, and I've met him at awards ceremonies and I'm on speaking terms with him. He's a good friend of Russell's, and Russell will show me the emails he sends to him – and I swear to god, these emails between the two of them are artistic. They're f***ing so funny. I've not got his number or anything, but he's great. One of the last times I saw him, I happened to be in the bar at Claridge's and he was sat in there. My wife was in another part of the hotel, and she f***ing loves him. I said to him, 'Can I go and bring my wife? She'd love to meet you!' and he goes [Morrissey impression] 'Hmm. Is she nice?' I said 'What? Yeah, she's gorgeous!' and he said 'Hmm. Go on then.' (laughs) He's a f***ing brilliant man, I love him to bits.

Have you read his autobiography?

Yeah. It's great. It's better than great. As he refers to [Rough Trade label boss] Geoff Travis, standing in his dressing room in the corner 'like an untouched sandwich at a buffet' – I think there might be a little teardrop on the page from me laughing so much. He's f***ing great, though. He's one of the greats.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, but why does Brand show people the e-mails from Moz? I guess they're not intended to be confidential.

LOL, but why does Brand show people the e-mails from Moz? I guess they're not intended to be confidential.

So he can show off that he talks to Morrissey. I don't think it's very nice to do that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom