NME: Billy Bragg on Morrissey

• Thread starter ragdale road confirmed
  • Start date
Billy Bragg's thoughts: If I lie and say some crap about Morrissey, maybe the people that don't like him, will buy my records.

f*** Spillers
f*** The Guardian
f*** NME
f*** Billy Bragg

Liking someone's music doesn't mean you have to kiss their ass. Morrissey is now either a bigot or an attention seeking idiot - either way it's embarrassing and his music is hardly relevant these days anyway. Grow up and move on people there are lots of great new bands out there.

Liking someone's music doesn't mean you have to kiss their ass. Morrissey is now either a bigot or an attention seeking idiot - either way it's embarrassing and his music is hardly relevant these days anyway. Grow up and move on people there are lots of great new bands out there.

No singer-songwriter is more relevant today, than Morrissey. That isn't hyperbole. It's a fact.

Go and listen to Low in High School. Listen to what he's saying.

Now listen to World Peace is None of Your Business. Again, listen to what he's saying.

They are just his last two albums, prior to California Son. How you can listen to those records and then come on here and say that Morrissey is "hardly relevant today", is beyond me. You're either not listening, or you're trolling. If you're saying he doesn't sell many records, well again, you'd be wrong. His albums always make the top 10. Concerts? They sell out. Just like his recent Broadway gigs.

So I'd like you to clarify your comment please, Anonymous too.

There are other artists that approach similar topics in their music, but none do it quite like Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom