New Morrissey album (12 original songs) recorded - Jan 2020 provisional release

A

Anonymous

Deserving of its own thread, no?
"We have recorded a new studio album, but when it's released depends upon how much breathing space is allowed California Son. So, anything could happen... and anything usually does happen. It's an album of 12 original songs, so is, in its way, the follow-up to Low In High School. We recorded it in France once again, and it's fantastic. I would imagine a January release, but I don't mind if it's later."

I think this means it has been properly recorded (i.e. not just demos) and produced as Chicarelli mentioned he was doing this a few months ago. Presumably, this has been funded by the current record company so a release is pretty definite. Could easily slip though from the January debate that Morrissey mentions. Still, it's good news especially if we get stuff the quality of Blue dreamer's eyes, I thought you was dead, etc.

Fiona Dodwell's "interview" was the usual tripe of dull questions and predictable answers -- until this enticing information. Remember that Instagram (?) post with a photo of the wall with World Peace graffiti? Apparently the band was there to record earlier this year but decided to do that in secret unlike the CS sessions. I Thought You Were Dead is likely from those sessions, while Brow Of My Beloved seems to date back to LIHS.

Fiona Dodwell's "interview" was the usual tripe of dull questions and predictable answers -- until this enticing information. Remember that Instagram (?) post with a photo of the wall with World Peace graffiti? Apparently the band was there to record earlier this year but decided to do that in secret unlike the CS sessions. I Thought You Were Dead is likely from those sessions, while Brow Of My Beloved seems to date back to LIHS.
Brow Of My Beloved was recorded at Sunset during the CS sessions (as printed on the record). I Thought You Were Dead was recorded during the LIHS/Italy sessions.
Yes, the band recorded in France early this year (circa end of Jan). I was distinctly cynical about this as the band were all moving around during that time and their window to meet was extremely narrow. Jesse's geo-tagged tweet helped. Two of the band went on to have separate holidays in Italy and that then helped the overly-speculative types start talking about recording there again too.
So it looks like (some of) his comments to Estadão last October were actually correct in terms of date.
"He announced that he will return to the studio in January to start recording a new album, the 12th solo career that began after the Smiths' demise"

Regards,
FWD.

So, it seems the lead single will be Bobby Don't You Think They Know - a duet with Thelma Houston.
It's been described as 'powerful'.
Think we had a couple of other song titles, too?

So, it seems the lead single will be Bobby Don't You Think They Know - a duet with Thelma Houston.

"Jim Jim Falls" and "Love Is On Its Way Out."

New Album / France & L.A.
Love Is On Its Way Out
Jim Jim Falls

MIA after the botched vinyl releases:
B-sides / Sunset Sound, CA.
It Happens Every Time
Rainbow Valley

The remaining Boorer tracks still outstanding that may have been recorded:
Diana Dors
I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed

(Possibly Italy or ?).

Regards,
FWD.

I‘ve asked Sam ER about a week ago if the It‘s over 7“ is finally cancelled as like the Lady Willpower one and he answered „I have no Info on this, sorry“. Oh dear :thumbsdown:

Brow Of My Beloved was recorded at Sunset during the CS sessions (as printed on the record). I Thought You Were Dead was recorded during the LIHS/Italy sessions.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for the info, FWD. Do you know when Lover-To-Be, Never Again Will I Be A Twin, and This Song Doesn't End When It's Over were recorded? I don't know if they are leftovers from the LIHS sessions or recorded with California Son?

I think only Brow of my beloved and Chaing Gang have been recorded with CS, as both of the yet to be released covers above.

Thanks for the info, FWD. Do you know when Lover-To-Be, Never Again Will I Be A Twin, and This Song Doesn't End When It's Over were recorded? I don't know if they are leftovers from the LIHS sessions or recorded with California Son?

Lover-To-Be, Never Again Will I Be A Twin, This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
were all recorded at Forum Music Village, Rome, 2017 at the same time as LIHS. Joe Chiccarelli asserted the LIHS sessions produced many recorded tracks and these evidence that fact.
Chain Gang was Sunset Sound just prior to the full CS session - so technically close enough to be part of CS, but obviously the band changed as they were post tour/other commitments etc to explain the return of the other Walker brother.

I‘ve asked Sam ER about a week ago if the It‘s over 7“ is finally cancelled as like the Lady Willpower one and he answered „I have no Info on this, sorry“. Oh dear :thumbsdown:

Did his reply look like this?
3E7EB9E9-2386-404F-BEF9-C0DBDAFB1536.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom