New Album?

The Youngest

doesn't eat his friends
I've just been reading about the interview last night and there was something about a new album! :eek:
It will be a while before the interview is finished downloading so can someone tell me what he said about the new album if he said anything?
Thanks

Doesn't Morrissey refer to 'Ringleader' as 'the new album'?

The interviewer asked him if Ringleader is 'dead' sort of thing and whether he is thinking about new stuff and he said yes and there would definitely be a new album :) Something like that anyway i'm just going off my memory but he definitely said there will be a new album.

The interviewer asked him if Ringleader is 'dead' sort of thing and whether he is thinking about new stuff and he said yes and there would definitely be a new album :) Something like that anyway i'm just going off my memory but he definitely said there will be a new album.
YIPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
That is excellent news!!!!!!

GÖTT

2007 may be to much to hope for but I'm in terrible need of vague rumours. Any ideas of what it might be like?

:Dx2

Too early to speculate anything at this stage.
Morrissey possibly plans to start recording new material sometime in 2007 though.

The interviewer asked him if Ringleader is 'dead' sort of thing and whether he is thinking about new stuff and he said yes and there would definitely be a new album :)

Hurrah!

I'm the same about Morrissey as I am about my grandparents: always terrified this time I see him will be the last :rolleyes:

Too early to speculate anything at this stage.
Morrissey possibly plans to start recording new material sometime in 2007 though.

It certainly is but it isn't as fun as doing it. And we've got "Sweetie-Pie" as something to go from.

Cheers

i hope this new record doesn't sound like sweetie pie...as a song it's okay just because it's kinda cool to see morrissey trying something different but i don't think i'd want a whole album that was that experimental

but how serious was his statement? i listened to the interview and it sounded almost evasive.

I cannot imagine how a new album would sound.

Musically, Ringleader felt like a transitional piece, with one foot in the door of old, and the other out of it, so perhaps a follow up would embrace more fully a sound based in Italian rock/opera. But lyrically, and thematically where could Morrissey go next? The sexual liberation experienced on Ringleader seem to signify Morrissey coming full-circle, and so unless Morrissey makes an album which is entirely non-autobiographical, I feel the prospect of another album is something of an enigma.

I cannot imagine how a new album would sound.

Musically, Ringleader felt like a transitional piece, with one foot in the door of old, and the other out of it, so perhaps a follow up would embrace more fully a sound based in Italian rock/opera. But lyrically, and thematically where could Morrissey go next? The sexual liberation experienced on Ringleader seem to signify Morrissey coming full-circle, and so unless Morrissey makes an album which is entirely non-autobiographical, I feel the prospect of another album is something of an enigma.

Exactly. Though I don't want him to stop, Ringleader would be the perfect last album.

I'd rather a new album was released for it to die on its arse so it's easier to get to the bar down the S & G.....

But seriously, that's probably the main attraction in terms of Morrisseys work. Yes, we all know he is an enigma, and most of us relate to his lyrics in personal ways, but you can never guess what a Morrissey album is going to sound like. It's a 'Jack in the Box' situation every time :D

I'm not sure what direction it would go or even what Moz has left to prove by releasing another album. Anyone know what his current record deal is?

Personally I'd love it to be more Life is a pigsty and less in the vain of Boy Happy. More experimental and definately get Alain to write all the music this time!

I'm not sure what direction it would go or even what Moz has left to prove by releasing another album. Anyone know what his current record deal is?

Personally I'd love it to be more Life is a pigsty and less in the vain of Boy Happy. More experimental and definately get Alain to write all the music this time!

And yet you're looking for a different direction.

New song writers altogether would be warmly welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom