MusicTech: Stephen Street interview (July edition, 2020)

Image-25.jpg
Image-26.jpg
Image-27.jpg
Image-29.jpg
Image-30.jpg
Image-31.jpg
Image-33.jpg

The Smiths & Morrissey feature.
Regards,
FWD.

DennisW raised a valid discussion point - as ever, you have no idea what you're talking about.
everyone on this site bows to your superior knowledge on everything morrissey,do we f***,ya nutter.

he did a fifteen minutes with you with julie hammil,you should try and find it online,might answer some of your questions.
I believe Julie removed the full interview with Vini as it was to be included in the compilation book of the Fifteen Minutes interviews.
However, the internet provides.
Full Vini 15 mins interview here:

Regards,
FWD.

he did a fifteen minutes with you with julie hammil,you should try and find it online,might answer some of your questions.
I've got the book, I'll dig it out and read his interview as don't remember reading it previously, thanks for heads up.

I’d like to know more about the whole Vini Reilly songwriting claims/issues around his contribution Viva Hate and Bona Drag (I heard he wasn’t even credited at all, even as a player, on the re-releases).

Viny Reilly apologised to Street a few years ago admitting he had lied about the whole thing, that his claims about writing some of the songs were not true and it was in fact Street who had written all the songs.

If only Morrissey and Vini did an album after Viva Hate. Vini mentions wanting to write with him, to do something like Patti Smith’s ‘Radio Ethiopia’ if only, if only... we could only now dream.

I’m surprised Morrissey didn’t work with Vini. Maybe Morrissey could see early on that Vini wasn’t very stable and had issues.

As late as 91 In an interview in CREEM the interviewer spotted some Durrutti Column cassettes next to Morrisseys bed. So the interest was still there.

Morrissey played a (pre-released?) version of ‘Change my Plea’ to the interviewer.

Maybe Morrissey was still thinking of Vini as a co-writer option before finding Boz and the other Lads.

Something to think about.

I love your posts Vegan Cro. Spirit. You are a true and dedicated Morrissey fan.

Who is JFC? What does this stand for?

Do you know what Stephen Street did to Morrissey? Was Stephen Street bad to Morrissey? I don't trust people from Morrissey's past who have very little to do with him today it feels like they are chashing in or trying to get attention or maybe both.
Hello, Morrissey fan!
Here is Morrissey Fan, pleased to hear from you.

I believe Julie removed the full interview with Vini as it was to be included in the compilation book of the Fifteen Minutes interviews.
However, the internet provides.
Full Vini 15 mins interview here:

Regards,
FWD.
Moving interview.

everyone on this site bows to your superior knowledge on everything morrissey,do we f***,ya nutter.

You are embarrassingly stupid.

I love your posts Vegan Cro. Spirit. You are a true and dedicated Morrissey fan.

Who is JFC? What does this stand for?

Do you know what Stephen Street did to Morrissey? Was Stephen Street bad to Morrissey? I don't trust people from Morrissey's past who have very little to do with him today it feels like they are chashing in or trying to get attention or maybe both.

?

a cuck, like all lawnmowers, wants to scam Moz out of his money.
all these so called lawnmowers claim to have written the Moz songs,
LePew, Street, AlainT, SpencerT, the minor lawnmowers, DH Andy and FH Mike. all wrote the Moz songs.
Great songwriters. :lbf:
have yet to write themselves out of a paper bag but great songrwriting talent nevertheless.:lbf:

Hello, Morrissey fan!
Here is Morrissey Fan, pleased to hear from you.
I'm very happy to see you here. :) After hearing so many good things about you, I'm delighted to make your acquaintance on this website. You are sort of like my doppelgänger or my twin. Great minds think alike and all that jazz. Bless you.

He's spot on on the "limiting the pre--production" thing, that's really something that slows down the access of talentuous bands to the music market, since they don't have the means/know-how to do it and can't compete with wealthier musicians.

yer obviously newish here,vinni reilly and his contribution to M can never be questioned,guy is so talented,was ill a few years back but hope hes on the mend now.
Is he well enough to play guitar these days because the last I heard he wasn't. I hope he is now.

Is he well enough to play guitar these days because the last I heard he wasn't. I hope he is now.
nah marred he said his third stroke finished him as a guitar player,said he struggles to even tie his shoe laces these days,very sad and just shows these things can happen to anyone at anytime.

nah marred he said his third stroke finished him as a guitar player,said he struggles to even tie his shoe laces these days,very sad and just shows these things can happen to anyone at anytime.
Damn. Well at least he's had the gift most guitarists could only hope for.

I reckon I finally have a face to match this clown and he is exactly how I thought he would look, except I thought he would be fatter from years of eating Big Macs and KFC in Brittin. I reckon if he had a mullet and was wearing black gloves, the impostor getting bread in Brittin would of been identified as him. Reckon same no lips mouth and sociopath look in his eyes that only nazis and other assorted foreigners have. I reckon this is the dude that put all those Brittish references like Waldoreley Range and Keen Roy into the California Son's lyrics when he arrived in Brittin from LA in 1978 with Chrissie Hynde c*** tit twat m8 scowzer inn nn nnnn nn nnn n nnnnn n nn n nn n nn n it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom