'Murica

I wasn't really asking for you personally, more how you see your community as a whole coping. There is already a large contingent of people suffering mental illness and prone to anxiety and panic. I really don't know how long you can contain society as a whole before the thread starts to loosen and fray.
Yeah but these days everybody has depression, anxiety, etc, everyone is TRIGGERED at the drop of a hat, and this walking on eggshells BULLSHIT has been encouraged for way too long and now that the REAL shit is ACTUALLY hitting the fan, people are gonna see what real problems are and what hardship really means and hopefully when this is all over there will way fewer pussies in the world because people will have toughened up.

Or else maybe we'll just all succumb to mass hysteria and lose our collective shit en masse and nobody will be left standing.

But I'm gonna go with the first one, my man.

Last edited:
Yeah but these days everybody has depression, anxiety, etc, everyone is TRIGGERED at the drop of a hat, and this walking on eggshells BULLSHIT has been encouraged for way too long and now that the shit is ACTUALLY hitting the fan, people are gonna see what real problems are and what hardship really means and hopefully when this is all over there will way fewer pussies in the world because people will have toughened up.

Or else maybe we'll just all succumb to mass hysteria and lose out collective shit en masse and nobody will be left standing.

But I'm gonna go the with the first one, my man.
I don't share your optimism, my faith in the human race isn't that strong :ROFLMAO: (Hope you are right though.)

I don't share your optimism, my faith in the human race isn't that strong :ROFLMAO: (Hope you are right though.)
Well, I hear you, but your alternative is nihilism and despair.

You can just default to that NOW and put a bullet through your head, or you can hope for the best and do your small part to ensure stability and see what happens.

I don't know what your situation is, if you have kids or a wife or who your real life friends are, but chances are there are people less intelligent than you and/or less confident and you can be the voice of reason for them, the person who offers rationality amidst the chaos. You can CHOOSE to be the strength someone else needs; the flashlight that allow them to see clearly through the fog.

Or, you can just say f*** it, we're doomed, every man for himself...but here in America, we don't puss out quite so fast.

You can just default to that NOW and put a bullet through your head, or you can hope for the best and do your small part to ensure stability and see what happens.

I don't know what your situation is, if you have kids or a wife or who your real life friends are, but chances are there are people less intelligent than you and/or less confident and you can be the voice of reason for them, the person who offers rationality amidst the chaos. You can CHOOSE to be the strength someone else needs; the flashlight that allow them to see clearly through the fog.

Or, you can just say f*** it, we're doomed, every man for himself...but here in America, we don't puss out quite so fast.
Personally I'm fairly well placed to ride it out. I have a decent sized house and garden to mooch around in. There are others doing it much tougher. The govt just put a freeze on rent increases which I'm absolutely comfortable with as someone that owns rental properties. Funny you should mention helping others, because one of my tenants did call me yesterday, they are a little worried about possibly being made redundant, had a little freak out if they couldn't pay the rent etc and I was able to calm them down a bit, said we would always find a way to work around the issue. It's those sorts of people I feel for, they are fairly recent arrivals to NZ (just under 2 years) earn OK money without being great money, young family to feed, bills to pay, that sort of thing. Many many people like that will be feeling awfully exposed right now.

We are pretty tough down here as well. Don't feel like putting a bullet thru my head anytime soon, but am concerned how long people can endure lock down.

Personally I'm fairly well placed to ride it out. I have a decent sized house and garden to mooch around in. There are others doing it much tougher. The govt just put a freeze on rent increases which I'm absolutely comfortable with as someone that owns rental properties. Funny you should mention helping others, because one of my tenants did call me yesterday, they are a little worried about possibly being made redundant, had a little freak out if they couldn't pay the rent etc and I was able to calm them down a bit, said we would always find a way to work around the issue. It's those sorts of people I feel for, they are fairly recent arrivals to NZ (just under 2 years) earn OK money without being great money, young family to feed, bills to pay, that sort of thing. Many many people like that will be feeling awfully exposed right now.

We are pretty tough down here as well. Don't feel like putting a bullet thru my head anytime soon, but am concerned how long people can endure lock down.
I totally understand. Everybody just has to do what they can.

Shit, Yer cheesy

It's a new day but I'm just here to remind everyone always to show respect towards the multi-millionaires and billionaires in your society, because if even a momentary flicker of resentment toward them crosses your mind then you're on the fast track to #Marxism and there's no coming back from that.

You can embrace transgenderism, support gay marriage or whatever (love is love!), turn a blind eye to mass replacement migration, weigh up the pros and cons of drug legislation etc., all that's fine, but the second that you advocate for economic parity, or even refuse to kow-tow to hyper-capitalism, then the shit really hits the fan in your society and everything crumbles around you.

Trust me: rich people know what's best for you and me, they're rich for a reason, and we should feel glad that they allow us to feel liberated by providing minimum wage work or zero hours contracts for which we have to compete with the steady stream of immigrants they bring in who will often work for even less than we will. It's all part of the liberation, and of the tough love which I'm grateful they give us. Look at it this way: if you didn't have that work to look forward to you would be beating your wife right now whilst in a drunken stupor. So stepping out of line is unthinkable, we simply wouldn't be able to handle it, we'd riot and burn each other's houses down in a confused frenzy.

In fact, what we should really be doing is printing off pictures of millionaires and billionaires, framing them, and kissing them each morning to thank them for their benevolence and for providing structure to our lives without which we'd self-destruct. Constantly reminding ourselves of the good they do for us is one of the only surefire ways I can think of to stave off #Marxism. Pick one of your favorite billionaires, print a picture of him or her and kiss it to thank them today. Today I will say: thank you Jeff Bezos! Your elevated status in our society is a constant source of inspiration and comfort to me.

bezos.jpg

Bhops is a landlord, and suddenly a lot of the pieces start to come together.

Where does MOZ live these days? Anyway, smartass, I didn't imply America was the word. Calling it 'Murica is to mock

I know, but this virus doesn't seem to know borders. Trump's reelection hopes could risk the lives of everybody in this planet. Remember this virus began in China and by the irresponsibility of Chinese government now I have people infected around the corner. Literally. Why does Trump think he must not follow WHO recommendations?

I know, but this virus doesn't seem to know borders. Trump's reelection hopes could risk the lives of everybody in this planet. Remember this virus began in China and by the irresponsibility of Chinese government now I have people infected around the corner. Literally. Why does Trump think he must not follow WHO recommendations?
You mean the same WHO who said in January that the virus was not a major threat because humans couldn't transmit it becsuse China told them so. You mean THAT WHO? :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom