Mporium (UK): 2020 tour shirt selection now available (March 11, 2020)

full

(Not showing on US store as of yet).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish he'd get a grip on this merch stuff. Sometimes less is more, as they say. The only sensible item is that jacket with simply 'MORRISSEY' written on it.

There’s hardly any I Am Not A Dog... bundles. There were a few with vinyl and cassette that may be sold out. Shame

I wish he'd get a grip on this merch stuff. Sometimes less is more, as they say. The only sensible item is that jacket with simply 'MORRISSEY' written on it.

I'd agree with that but unfortunately there's a giant umbrella on the back of that jacket. The tour merch has been dialled in for far too long now unfortunately, as such I've not bought a new Moz t-shirt in years now.

Remember the last time Morrissey offered decent merch? Neither do I.

Sad but true. The only merch I ever get nowadays is highly discounted.

Back in the day with Your Arsenal, even the bootleg shirts sold out in the parking lot were of better quality and composition.

Sad but true. The only merch I ever get nowadays is highly discounted.

Back in the day with Your Arsenal, even the bootleg shirts sold out in the parking lot were of better quality and composition.

Yes, exactly. There was a high degree of quality control with the merch, up until around the 1999 tour I think. Things started to dip significantly after that, but the past decade and change has just been embarrassing. Where is that level of quality control gone? Same goes for his sleeves, which were always carefully prepared, right down to the font and size of the lettering. Now it's all trash, and it doesn't seem like Morrissey cares. So why should we?

Yes, exactly. There was a high degree of quality control with the merch, up until around the 1999 tour I think. Things started to dip significantly after that, but the past decade and change has just been embarrassing. Where is that level of quality control gone? Same goes for his sleeves, which were always carefully prepared, right down to the font and size of the lettering. Now it's all trash, and it doesn't seem like Morrissey cares. So why should we?

That's the sad state of affairs regarding what it is to maintain our fanaticism for Moz.

Remember when we all cringed for the the cover of Maladjusted? Moz claims not to have had any part of that debacle, but at least one can argue that it has some color composition - if forest green exemplified Morrissey. I suppose it captures his personal aesthetic for the time, i.e., vintage Levis, boxing injuries, possible move away from the quiff of days gone past, etc.

Now its all slap-dash, hastily composed, if composed at all. One can do better work from an iPhone with graphics and imagery. His nephew is the worst culprit -- as untalented as they come. In theory, Moz using a younger designer should capture at least some vibrancy or at least display a semblance of artistry that was once standard with The Smiths albums.

If Moz wanted to make extra bucks from his fans, one would think more effort would go into any of his physical releases. Its so poorly executed nowadays that me thinks it almost as if Moz is daring us to purchase his works - in spite of the poor imagery.

I would have hoped the sunset of Moz's work (not that we are at death's door or anything) would have been more sophisticated. A fan's reward for years of loyalty and esteem. It's as if we genuflect at the alter of Moz with whatever is thrown-out - and beg for more - regardless of the taste or quality.

It is my years of fandom speaking here of course. My "up-hill-both-ways-in-the-snow" recollection of how it once was to be a fan. I don't begrudge younger fans, but then again I don't jump when Moz twitches a finger or puts out some repetitive song that makes 'Dagenham Dave' seem like prose.

On a positive note, I do think I hear a stronger voice coming from Moz. I do appreciate his shows are not 48 minutes long. I am still happy he is chugging along and happy to keep his tours going. I guess I am just a little melancholy.

MrShoes

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom