Moz wasted this monster hit song

Vegan

"Honey You Know Where To Find Me" is frighteningly catchy! He just slapped it on as a re-issue bonus track (Southpaw Grammar) but I sincerely believe if he had polished it just a bit this could have been a Top 10 single.

It's one of the reasons , a major one, to my even owning Southpaw. It's one of my fav Morrissey songs but I don't know about hit single. It's very solid and I love the surfy solo but it's even pace, I think on purpose to match the lyrics meaning (I love ths lyrics), only have it go so far. I always thought it would have made a nice closing song to an imaginary album with the words honey you know where to find me on repeat until fade

I think it was suggested that it wasn't 'hard' enough to appear on Southpaw. I agree though with people who say that it is better than most of that album and it should have been included.

"Honey You Know Where To Find Me" is frighteningly catchy! He just slapped it on as a re-issue bonus track (Southpaw Grammar) but I sincerely believe if he had polished it just a bit this could have been a Top 10 single.
my first inclination was to smirk at your terminology, as i generally do when reading your posts. frighteningly catchy, no less! then i decided, what the heck, ill give the song a listen. and what do you know? you're right, it is frighteningly catchy. well there.

This is true with so many Morrissey b-sides and relegated tracks.

Wasn't "Honey..." a song that originated in the Vauxhall and I sessions and the band/Morrissey weren't satisfied with it so it got shelved?

Well I think it would have been a chart hit if "You're The One For Me, Fatty" can be a hit.

When the bastardised version of "Southpaw Grammar" was issued, I gave this song a listen to see if it was just another left-over, half-baked effort at a song - as suggested by the fact that it hadn't previously been released.

Managed to tolerate it once only; thought it was shite.

As they say, your mileage may vary. I find it to be good B-side fodder, nothing more. And as B-sides to Southpaw songs, both "Honey" and "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" would have stuck out like sore thumbs.

Both songs seem like excercises by Boz to write songs with minimal chord progressions, almost as a dry run for "Maladjusted."

It's got a great hook in the vocal melody with the kicking away from the mundane everyday bit and the strummed intro to the twinkly verse bit without loosing pace is also really sweet. Lead break and solo are also nice and don't remind me of any other morrissey song but echo the self assured vibe of the whole song. The whole thing has such a great pace to it that just steadily goes forward which to me echos the self confidence of the lyrics which are extremely fitting of Morrissey. It's breezy and confident slightly uptempo with great lyrics. A song about self awareness and strength and accepting yourself. a great song though I could see that if you really like southpaw this probably isn't the moz styled song your gonna enjoy. It's to catchy for that

Back
Top Bottom