Morrissey will never record another album?

A

Anonymous

Morrissey will never record another album.

Obviously.

The musicians must be questioning Morrissey's comments.

If they aren't, then they are complicit.

We'll remember their names.

We will not support any band that they are involved with.

Or the label(s) that sign them.

At the record companies: #StopHateForProfit

"More than 90 companies have paused advertising in support of #StopHateforProfit.

As a result of the boycott, shares in Facebook fell 8.3% on Friday, eliminating $56bn (£45bn) from the company's market value and knocking $7.2bn off Mr Zuckerberg's personal net worth, Bloomberg reported. As a result of the loss, Louis Vuitton boss Bernard Arnault replaced the Facebook founder as the world's third richest individual."

#StopHateForProfit

I think he will release more albums, he seems to enjoy making music and is still creative, the last album was good I thought. I don't agree with or support a lot of his views but don't think they necessarily make him a bad guy, right wing groups seem to attract angry people and Morrissey seems like a very angry person.

I think he will release more albums, he seems to enjoy making music and is still creative, the last album was good I thought. I don't agree with or support a lot of his views but don't think they necessarily make him a bad guy, right wing groups seem to attract angry people and Morrissey seems like a very angry person.

this is actually quite accurate, I’m listening to his autobiograph and his childhood wasn't very positive.. and his sister tried kill him when he was a baby, numerous times might I add WTF!

I still dislike him but damn... I fully understand why he became the person that he is

His fanbase has crumbled beyond belief. Radio station and record shop boycotts, pleading with people to vote far right, declaring that he prefers his own race etc has haemorrhaged between 60 and 80% of his support. Before 2018 each album would sell 100,000 to 1 million records worldwide. Now he struggles to get 30,000. Signing Steve was a pretty big risk even when 100,000 sales was guaranteed. Now, there is literally no prospect at all unless he accepts the conditions and remuneration of a small, struggling, little known indie act. However, he may well do this as the recent batch of songs were his most critically acclaimed for years, and he has finally got a brilliant songwriting and production team on board. We'll see.

What world are you living in?

Somebody’s idea of somebody else’s world is not my idea of things as they are, somebody else’s idea of things to come need not be the only way to vision the future

Last edited:
His fanbase has crumbled beyond belief. Radio station and record shop boycotts, pleading with people to vote far right, declaring that he prefers his own race etc has haemorrhaged between 60 and 80% of his support. Before 2018 each album would sell 100,000 to 1 million records worldwide. Now he struggles to get 30,000. Signing Steve was a pretty big risk even when 100,000 sales was guaranteed. Now, there is literally no prospect at all unless he accepts the conditions and remuneration of a small, struggling, little known indie act. However, he may well do this as the recent batch of songs were his most critically acclaimed for years, and he has finally got a brilliant songwriting and production team on board. We'll see.
A little known indie act, who someone pays £6,000+ for to get a sketch they did 35 years ago

Moz will write and record until his dying day, it's what he lives for. Whether he will be able to get the kind of record deals and airplay/exposure he once had is a different topic, but many artists limp on in their later years without filling stadiums.

I can't imagine a 'retired' Morrissey quietly slipping away from the public eye. He'd write another book, buy 10 cats, send out 500 drunken Central posts a day and just stir the pot ceaselessly.

Moz will write and record until his dying day, it's what he lives for. Whether he will be able to get the kind of record deals and airplay/exposure he once had is a different topic, but many artists limp on in their later years without filling stadiums.

I can't imagine a 'retired' Morrissey quietly slipping away from the public eye. He'd write another book, buy 10 cats, send out 500 drunken Central posts a day and just stir the pot ceaselessly.

Have you noticed that the Central posts have ceased? There was a spate of them.

Morrissey will never record another album.

Obviously.

The musicians must be questioning Morrissey's comments.

If they aren't, then they are complicit.

We'll remember their names.

We will not support any band that they are involved with.

Or the label(s) that sign them.

At the record companies: #StopHateForProfit

It's hard to believe that there are so many answers in such a moronic thread :unsure:

What a nonsense, utterly Orwellian campaign. They should be boycotting advertising because of de-platforming and violations of free speech. Instead these companies are trying to force social media to institute more draconian anti-free speech measures to stop alleged "hate" (which they and corrupt groups like the SPLC - a true hate group - define basically as anything they disagree with). It's utterly sick.

"Hate speech" as a category is nothing but a partisan tool used by monopolistic social media platforms to limit speech.

Remember when artists used to actually support free speech, instead of supporting the censors? Good times, those.

But, the neo-Jacobins pushing the SJW agenda will soon face their Thermidor.

Back
Top Bottom