Morrissey suits sausages

M

MuteWitness616

I am on vacation so I don't have the book "Meetings with Morrissey" but in the book it said something about how fame caused him to stop eating sausages.. Something along those lines. Can anyone explain this.. It's been bothering me.

EDIT

Can a mod correct the thread. I meant to put quit, not suits. What the hell, is up with my spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on vacation so I don't have the book "Meetings with Morrissey" but in the book it said something about how fame caused him to stop eating sausages.. Something along those lines. Can anyone explain this.. It's been bothering me.

EDIT

Can a mod correct the thread. I meant to put quit, not suits. What the hell, is up with my spelling

He became vegetarian aged 11, so can only assume it's a reference to one of his famous heroes?

Haha, when I first read the title I got an image of Morrissey wearing a suit with a sausage pattern. :p

Ha, me too. It could be in reference to this from a Len Brown interview in Spin magazine, 1988:-

Isn't there a danger that success will spoil him, tempt him away from that? Doesn't he have to keep a strict hold on himself to maintain a meatless, drugless, and sexless existence?
"Yes, it's stricter now than it ever was," he asserts. "I think as long as I make records, I'll be sealed up in this vat of introspection. Maximum attention has got to be given to everything I do. And, in order to concentrate absolutely perfectly on everything, I have to give up sausages."

Ha, me too. It could be in reference to this from a Len Brown interview in Spin magazine, 1988:-

Isn't there a danger that success will spoil him, tempt him away from that? Doesn't he have to keep a strict hold on himself to maintain a meatless, drugless, and sexless existence?
"Yes, it's stricter now than it ever was," he asserts. "I think as long as I make records, I'll be sealed up in this vat of introspection. Maximum attention has got to be given to everything I do. And, in order to concentrate absolutely perfectly on everything, I have to give up sausages."

Great minds think alike. :thumb:
And haha- that's a great Moz quote. :D

EDIT

I thought the last meat he ate was pig- bacon. I could be wrong.

Great minds think alike. :thumb:
And haha- that's a great Moz quote. :D

Interesting but sad that Morrissey has moved from these type of statements in interviews; "Maximum attention has got to be given to everything I do. And, in order to concentrate absolutely perfectly ...." to these recent comments; "I really don’t give any consideration to the audience. I don’t give any consideration to people who are listening, and I don’t have a great explanation for any recordings because, in most instances, I personally don’t understand them." I think we know which is the most admirable?

Back
Top Bottom