Morrissey refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Re: Morrissey Refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Perhaps he will show up to see Linder Sterling in Oslo on Thursday instead: nymusikk.no/no/hva-skjer/linder-sterling

Re: Morrissey Refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Perhaps he will show up to see Linder Sterling in Oslo on Thursday instead: nymusikk.no/no/hva-skjer/linder-sterling

How disrespectful.
People of Oslo lets hear some noise !!!!
Protest ! Protest ! Protest ! Its time to make a stand against this ignorant idiot. On the night rise up and give him hell.

Benny-the-Butcher

Wise cow doesn't want to line up for slaughter. Three more days then pasture! (Who's idea was this? :squiffy:)

Well, the press conference is not part of what he is there for. Stupidly, journalists in Oslo just want to try to provoke him, he seems to be quite intelligent to not fall in the trap. However, he is just going there to sing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey has the freedom of the world,why should he attend this,bow down Norway,moz is coming x

Excelent decision. Morrissey is an artist, not a clown to please the press of any country. Sing louder as possible, M.

How disrespectful.
People of Oslo lets hear some noise !!!!
Protest ! Protest ! Protest ! Its time to make a stand against this ignorant idiot. On the night rise up and give him hell.

Benny-the-Butcher

yes yes time for your medication benjamin, there there.

Perfect opportunity at the gig to blast out "Meat Is Murder" at top volume.

good old barleyborn, irrelevant witless as ever, some thing never change.

He's a textbook sociopath. If (if) he makes it to the stage he'll be on his way to the airport immediately afterwards. He's been found out, and is now hiding away from finally being held accountable for his disgusting statement:

“We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day."

Seems rather cowardly, to put it mildly. It's a measure of how out of touch he is that he felt he could just turn up in Norway as if nothing had happened and without some degree of comeback.

We know he surrounds himself with yes men, so to put himself up in front of real journalists was always likely to be a non-starter. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of a single serious journalist who has ever interviewed him. There must be a few, surely?

Answers on a postcard to...

This.

Excelent decision. Morrissey is an artist, not a clown to please the press of any country. Sing louder as possible, M.

Hang on a minute you can't have it both ways pal ! He's either an outspoken artist or he's not, now which is it ?
He's not going to the press conference because he might have to answer questions put to him on the spot to which he needs a few days to think up some bullshit reply to make himself look such a clever Trevor. That's why he always turns down the invite to appear on Question time (BBC politics debate show) for all he has to say he just can't back it up when put on the spot, his chum Braindamage had a go at it but failed big time and came out looking like the only gay in the village idiot.
So running scared is a very fair comment really.
Give him pelters Oslo.
Who'd have thought our big tough guy from 'Salford school of hard knocks' can't even fight back with words, dear oh dear.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if his poor health saves the day for him again.

Benny-the-Butcher

Hang on a minute you can't have it both ways pal ! He's either an outspoken artist or he's not, now which is it ?
He's not going to the press conference because he might have to answer questions put to him on the spot to which he needs a few days to think up some bullshit reply to make himself look such a clever Trevor. That's why he always turns down the invite to appear on Question time (BBC politics debate show) for all he has to say he just can't back it up when put on the spot, his chum Braindamage had a go at it but failed big time and came out looking like the only gay in the village idiot.
So running scared is a very fair comment really.
Give him pelters Oslo.
Who'd have thought our big tough guy from 'Salford school of hard knocks' can't even fight back with words, dear oh dear.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if his poor health saves the day for him again.

Benny-the-Butcher

There's more than a grain of truth in this. In situations he can control, in situations where he can dictate his output, he has always done so. But in situations where he cannot control his output, in the form of questions put to him by inquisitors who are not friends (i.e Jonathan Ross), he is intensely uncomfortable. It's a control thing.

P.

He's a textbook sociopath. If (if) he makes it to the stage he'll be on his way to the airport immediately afterwards. He's been found out, and is now hiding away from finally being held accountable for his disgusting statement:

“We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day."

Seems rather cowardly, to put it mildly. It's a measure of how out of touch he is that he felt he could just turn up in Norway as if nothing had happened and without some degree of comeback.

We know he surrounds himself with yes men, so to put himself up in front of real journalists was always likely to be a non-starter. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of a single serious journalist who has ever interviewed him. There must be a few, surely?

Answers on a postcard to...

Excuse me, but isn't this a case of pot calling kettle black? Have you not stopped to think how sociopathic your behaviour appears, lingering endlessly on this site and looking for any opportunity to vent more spleen in the direction of a man you cannot stand? And what moral high ground do you occupy that makes your call for Morrissey's assassination any less "disgusting" than his rhetoric? Frankly, Barleymoan, Morrissey comes across as the voice of reason compared to your ramblings.

:D :thumb:

And finish with "Death of a disco dancer" and the famous "If you think peace is a common goal, that goes to show how little you know"

Love, peace and harmony...Very nice, very nice, but maybe in the next world!

Last edited:

There's more than a grain of truth in this. In situations he can control, in situations where he can dictate his output, he has always done so. But in situations where he cannot control his output, in the form of questions put to him by inquisitors who are not friends (i.e Jonathan Ross), he is intensely uncomfortable. It's a control thing.

P.

There's a time and a place to "take it like a man" and be accountable for what you say, etc...but sitting at a panel table between Mary J Blige and James Blunt whose images are clean as bleach and who play by the rules, it's pretty clear he'd be the villain and I think that's not who he is naturally. Random outbursts? Sure. Opinionated about the industry? Of course. Stuck on a stage moderated by the woman who plays a paranoid schizophrenic detective? Maybe not so safe. I don't blame him or think he's a coward by any stretch, I think he just wants to sing and not talk.

Totally. The Norwegian press would have to be comprised of nothing more than retarded journalists to really need "a further elaboration of the theme." If they don't believe me now that meat is murder then will they ever believe me?

GO MOZ!!! :)

GoneForeverNotQuite

... held accountable for his disgusting statement:

He did not say those words as quoted. He never said "nothing compared to", see my link at the bottom. And if you listen to his actual comment, it doesn't sound as he was reducing the events to nothing, but rather reminding the audience that "worse things happen". The fact of billions of innocent animals tortured and killed every year being worse than 77 innocent humans killed, would be correct if you think that animal lives and human lives are equally important. And Morrissey thinks that! Furthermore, it was just an introduction to Meat is Murder where he tried to bring in an applicable event. I'm sure he never thought it would get the publicity it did. The latter is mostly the medias fault, and they continue to quote him wrong just to stir controversy and produce headlines. Journalists who lie etc., as Lou Reed said, "it's the lowest form of life".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPRbylipDM

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom