Morrissey: Quart Festival - Kristiansand, Norway re-encoded (July 5, 2004)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Setlist (unaired tracks struck through):

Aha Intro / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / Shakespeare's Sister / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / Let Me Kiss You / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The Headmaster Ritual / Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Band Introduction / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / No One Can Hold A Candle To You / Rubber Ring / Subway Train (into) Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not Sorry // Irish Blood, English Heart

Broadcast quality.
This wasn't a bad gig at all.
Morrissey was in good humour and there's bits of banter.
The show starts with a nod to Aha (The Sun Always Shines On...).
I believe this source may be new (upgrade?) - it was found on a dusty hard drive of mine and it didn't match the 2 already out there.
I know some people have a zip version of it that features a CRC error on The Headmaster Ritual.
I chopped the tracks out and added the televised Let Me Kiss You (as per the other versions shared).
Why certain tracks were not aired is anyone's guess (the bits of presenter voice have been removed too).
It remains a great sounding gig - Dykes, Jesus & Candle are particularly good.
It is what it is - it is one of those 'never going to be complete' gigs probably.

Regards,
FWD.

(@Skylarker in this gig's wiki entry, you have added there is a full length, hissy recording of the gig - do you have this to fill in the gaps?
I have never seen any reference to this anywhere and PJLM only mention the web stream / radio broadcast - can you help?).

Setlist (unaired tracks struck through):

Aha Intro / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / Shakespeare's Sister / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / Let Me Kiss You / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The Headmaster Ritual / Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Band Introduction / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / No One Can Hold A Candle To You / Rubber Ring / Subway Train (into) Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not Sorry // Irish Blood, English Heart

Broadcast quality.
This wasn't a bad gig at all.
Morrissey was in good humour and there's bits of banter.
The show starts with a nod to Aha (The Sun Always Shines On...).
I believe this source may be new (upgrade?) - it was found on a dusty hard drive of mine and it didn't match the 2 already out there.
I know some people have a zip version of it that features a CRC error on The Headmaster Ritual.
I chopped the tracks out and added the televised Let Me Kiss You (as per the other versions shared).
Why certain tracks were not aired is anyone's guess (the bits of presenter voice have been removed too).
It remains a great sounding gig - Dykes, Jesus & Candle are particularly good.
It is what it is - it is one of those 'never going to be complete' gigs probably.

Regards,
FWD.

(@Skylarker in this gig's wiki entry, you have added there is a full length, hissy recording of the gig - do you have this to fill in the gaps?
I have never seen any reference to this anywhere and PJLM only mention the web stream / radio broadcast - can you help?).
My version has Sunday but is otherwise identical, trackwise, to what you have listed above. It's at 160 and sounds...good but tinny. I think my standards were lower when I made that Wiki entry and claimed "very good sound." Thanks for the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom