Morrissey parody account (Twitter) featured in UK newspaper as 'one to follow'

Fred Rickson

Hi all, just got off the bus where I live and found an article on Morrissey parody account on twitter that is pretty cool. For those not in the UK there's a free newspaper with national circulation of millions called 'Metro' and it goes out to the whole country free on trains and buses etc.

Imagine my surprise when I saw on page 31. The article covers a 'leading twitter' account on a weekly basis and this will it was @morrisseysworld

metro newspaper cutting from the blog.jpg

hopefully you can see that image but the account is by @keithbakermain and lists some of the tweets

My highlight is "I hope Victoria Beckham outlives me; the prospect of a tearful Elton trotting out Candle in the Wind for a third time is unbearable."

There's the Morrisseysworld blog attached to the account which I've seen on here a few times before and is ok but nothing special in my opinion. The image above was lifted from the blog. That's http://www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.co.uk Love the tweets though. I'll submit it as a story.

Funny how Morrissey has denied it so many times but he keeps doing things from the blog with the roses etc. Anyway
Cheers
Fred Rickson

Troll post

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, just got off the bus where I live and found an article on Morrissey parody account on twitter that is pretty cool. For those not in the UK there's a free newspaper with national circulation of millions called 'Metro' and it goes out to the whole country free on trains and buses etc.

Imagine my surprise when I saw on page 31. The article covers a 'leading twitter' account on a weekly basis and this will it was @morrisseysworld

View attachment 13121

hopefully you can see that image but the account is by @keithbakermain and lists some of the tweets

My highlight is "I hope Victoria Beckham outlives me; the prospect of a tearful Elton trotting out Candle in the Wind for a third time is unbearable."

There's the Morrisseysworld blog attached to the account which I've seen on here a few times before and is ok but nothing special in my opinion. The image above was lifted from the blog. That's http://www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.co.uk Love the tweets though. I'll submit it as a story.

Funny how Morrissey has denied it so many times but he keeps doing things from the blog with the roses etc. Anyway
Cheers
Fred Rickson

Troll Post

Not you, again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care about that blog, but I find the attempts of site moderators to keep everything about it out of the forums slightly disturbing. It's still a blog about Morrissey, and he is obviously a fan of it. Also, the twitter account is quite amusing. Why is everything about that blog marked as troll post? Freedom of speech blah blah blah?

Back
Top Bottom