Morrissey nominated for Best Male Singer in the Vodafone Live Music Awards

CeciDeMorrissey

Steven Patrick I Love You
Hi there!

Many of you know I'm a radio journalist and I work for a Spanish holding that every day sends us a summary of many many news, including music news.

Yesterday I got this and I'm surprised! Although I don't know how serious the contest is:

The list of nominees was chosen by a panel of experts and includes (among many other categories):

Mejor Cantante Masculino (Best Male Singer):

▪ Mark Ronson

▪ Dizzee Rascal

▪ Morrissey

▪ Paul Weller

Fans can vote for their favorites through the Internet and mobile SMS.

Did any of you know about this? I guess it'll be valid only in the UK, right? Are you going to vote??

Hmmmm

Never heard of Vodafone Live Music Awards.
Is it new one?

Also very ironic that Morrissey headlined Vodafone's rival O2 Wireless festival a month ago.

Last edited:
Ill vote...

hmmmm... I'm just not quite sure who for??

Hi there!

Many of you know I'm a radio journalist and I work for a Spanish holding that every day sends us a summary of many many news, including music news.

Yesterday I got this and I'm surprised! Although I don't know how serious the contest is:

The list of nominees was chosen by a panel of experts and includes (among many other categories):

Mejor Cantante Masculino (Best Male Singer):

▪ Mark Ronson

▪ Dizzee Rascal

▪ Morrissey

▪ Paul Weller

Fans can vote for their favorites through the Internet and mobile SMS.

Did any of you know about this? I guess it'll be valid only in the UK, right? Are you going to vote??

Mark Ronson will win.

Re: Hmmmm

Never heard of Vodafone Live Music Awards.
Is it new one?

Also very ironic that Morrissey headlined Vodafone's rival O2 Wireless festival a month ago.

Well Kewpie, I hadn't heard of it before either, but I took the list from the main news that was the Amy Winehouse nomination, so I thought it was a bit important at least, although I'm sure Morrissey doesn't care, unless he values that he might be elected winner by general people... When I saw Morrissey's name there I couldn't believe it. They never consider it for anything...

Anyway, I hadn't seen the news on the board so I couldn't NOT post it :)

V. awards thingy round since 2007 (winner: Mika, whom I hate)

"The V. Live Music Awards nominations have been put together by a panel of music industry insiders including representatives from major record labels"
Hear, Hear.

maybe good news #1:
"Fans will have the chance of winning exclusive tickets to the V. Live Music Awards by entering their details now on the V. Live Music website (www.vodafone.co.uk/music). Tickets to the Awards are free and available to all, not just V. customers."

maybe good news #2:
The bash, which takes place at the Carling Academy Brixton on 18th September, will be broadcast on Channel 4.

No information on how nominees can make it to winners.

Sources:
http://www.vodafone.com/start/media...uk_press_releases/2007/live_awards_press.html
http://www.dailymusicguide.com/Musi...odaphone_music_awards_2008_03082008_1320.aspx

Last edited:
Mark Ronson will win.

I thought I liked this Mark Ronson chap, because he covered Stop Me and said it was his all time favourite song. But I'm not so sure now, I think he is a bit of an arrogant twat. Why should he be even nominated for a Best Male Singer award when he doesn't even sing.

I thought I liked this Mark Ronson chap, because he covered Stop Me and said it was his all time favourite song. But I'm not so sure now, I think he is a bit of an arrogant twat. Why should he be even nominated for a Best Male Singer award when he doesn't even sing.

Why does everyone else love Stop Me? It's one of the only songs that make me want to gnaw my own arm off. It made me cry!

(That's Mark Ronson's Stop Me, not The Smiths. :p)

Why does everyone else love Stop Me? It's one of the only songs that make me want to gnaw my own arm off. It made me cry!

(That's Mark Ronson's Stop Me, not The Smiths. :p)

I didn't say I liked his version. But if his favourite song of all time is a Smiths song I thought maybe he had good taste. But I'm changing my mind. He charged a million pound for one hours djing at a posh girls party. He's already a multi millionaire. I hate greedy bastards like that.

I didn't say I liked his version. But if his favourite song of all time is a Smiths song I thought maybe he had good taste. But I'm changing my mind. He charged a million pound for one hours djing at a posh girls party. He's already a multi millionaire. I hate greedy bastards like that.

Ahh, you see, if someone does an awful cover version of a song I love I despise them. :p
I know! It's just like, but you don't need all that money! He could at least do something charitable with it.

Ahh, you see, if someone does an awful cover version of a song I love I despise them. :p
I know! It's just like, but you don't need all that money! He could at least do something charitable with it.

Yes you are right I agree. But he's a child of the Thatcher era. Me me me!
Have you heard Clayhill's cover of Please Let Me Get What I Want. I think it is a beautiful cover of the song.

Have you heard Clayhill's cover of Please Let Me Get What I Want. I think it is a beautiful cover of the song.

Oh, no I've never heard that. I like some other bands' covers of Smiths songs, but others are bloody awful!

Yes you are right I agree. But he's a child of the Thatcher era. Me me me!

Yes, it is. Gavin Clark is fantastic; he's also the lead singer/songwriter of Sunhouse, whose album I cited over in the Most Underrated Albums thread. Definitely worth checking out.

Tags
awards morrissey vodafone vote
Back
Top Bottom