"Morrissey: lunatic seer of the modern world" - Unherd (May, 6, 2020)

Rather than him being about to recover, the complete opposite is the case.
It's only in 2020 that the chickens are finally coming home to roost. 30 years of borderline ambiguous/ unpleasant/ill-informed views on race, immigration and nationalism, with people just about giving him the benefit of the doubt. All doubt is removed when he instructs everyone via his own personal website to vote for a far-right political party (and they are far-right, for the f***wits out there who don't understand politics - abandon inheritance tax = protect the rich, flat rate of income tax = protect the rich, divert foreign-aid budget to military expenditure = classic right-wing ideology, deny climate crisis and end environmental taxes = ditto).
So, 30 years of ambiguity has ended and now the consequences are reaped. Mass desertion by fans unequalled in musical history other than for Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson.
400,000 sales for You are the Quarry in the UK. 40,000 for High School. Less than 10,000 sales for Dog on a String. Radio stations throughout the land effectively introduce a boycott of all new songs. Indie night clubs proudly declaring themselves to be Morrissey-free zones. Music websites and record shops refusing to stock his stuff. Advertising space owners blah blah blah, we've been through all this before. We all know what's happened.
He might one day be able to turn things around but not without a complete and unequivocal retraction of his support for far-right politics, and an admission of his own spectacular lack of political understanding and awareness.

:ahhh:Panic on the Streets. yet, he is still fine by me and those that matter.
Get a grip before you rupture more blood vessels.

Let's see how his recovery is going. Today on Twitter, posts in the past hour or so.

sometimes I’m listening to the Smiths and then I remember that morrissey is a garbage ultra conservative now smh
11:19 PM · May 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

morrissey youre a whiny little bitch. you wrote an entire song about how much you hate boobs? f*** you morrissey. this page is dedicated to hating morrissey for reasons other than his racism and disgusting comments and idealogies
11:01 PM · May 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

there's nothing i love more than hating on morrissey's racist ass
10:58 PM · May 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

i love the smiths too but i CANNOT STAND MORRISSEY the motherf***er is needlessly horrible :/ oh my god he f***ing would, i have never hated someone more than him why is he Like That
10:58 PM · May 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

see you KNOW when i f***ing hate someone because i have vented about morrissey's dumb ass to my twin brother, i told him about what morrissey said about chinese people and we have both decided that he deserves the worst
10:56 PM · May 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

Not going so well, is it? He's somehow managed to attract the hatred of a huge group of people, some old fans, some not. He's become synonymous with racism and right wing hate. Like the corona virus, it's not going to just go away. He'll have to actively fight this.

Twitter attracts the "borderline ambiguous, the ill-informed, & the unpleasant". Cue the numpty Twitter Twats. :lbf:

It's only in 2020 that the chickens are finally coming home to roost. 30 years of borderline ambiguous/ unpleasant/ill-informed views on race, immigration and nationalism, with people just about giving him the benefit of the doubt. All doubt is removed when he instructs everyone via his own personal website to vote for a far-right political party (and they are far-right, for the f***wits out there who don't understand politics - abandon inheritance tax = protect the rich, flat rate of income tax = protect the rich, divert foreign-aid budget to military expenditure = classic right-wing ideology, deny climate crisis and end environmental taxes = ditto).
So, 30 years of ambiguity has ended and now the consequences are reaped. Mass desertion by fans unequalled in musical history other than for Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson.
400,000 sales for You are the Quarry in the UK. 40,000 for High School. Less than 10,000 sales for Dog on a String. Radio stations throughout the land effectively introduce a boycott of all new songs. Indie night clubs proudly declaring themselves to be Morrissey-free zones. Music websites and record shops refusing to stock his stuff. Advertising space owners blah blah blah, we've been through all this before. We all know what's happened.
He might one day be able to turn things around but not without a complete and unequivocal retraction of his support for far-right politics, and an admission of his own spectacular lack of political understanding and awareness.

Depends on your definition of far right. There is nothing in the policies of For Britain that could be described as anti-semitic, ultranationalist, chauvinist, xenophobic, theocratic, racist, or homophobic. In the UK it is the Labour Party that is being investigated for anti-semitism.

Moz has given support to a party that wants to ban all non-stunned animal slaughter in the UK. That's clearly important for Moz. Not for you - that's your choice. Politics - life - is all about choices. Although I get the feeling that you would like to take those choices away.

Depends on your definition of far right. There is nothing in the policies of For Britain that could be described as anti-semitic, ultranationalist, chauvinist, xenophobic, theocratic, racist, or homophobic. In the UK it is the Labour Party that is being investigated for anti-semitism.

Moz has given support to a party that wants to ban all non-stunned animal slaughter in the UK. That's clearly important for Moz. Not for you - that's your choice. Politics - life - is all about choices. Although I get the feeling that you would like to take those choices away.

Michael Jackson is making a fortune in death & Gary Glitter's music was in a marvel film.

For Britain is a ridiculous party & Labour is undoubtedly going to be found guilty of institutional racism & sued. The only question is how bad its going to be.

Moz can wait until all his pious enemies fall, it's not going to be that long.

Michael Jackson is making a fortune in death & Gary Glitter's music was in a marvel film.

For Britain is a ridiculous party & Labour is undoubtedly going to be found guilty of institutional racism & sued. The only question is how bad its going to be.

Moz can wait until all his pious enemies fall, it's not going to be that long.

For Britain doesn't float my boat - but I respect Moz's determination to put his career on the line for the cause of animal rights.

In an age of groomers, terrorists and brothers doing that knifey-knifey ting...........hardline politics are the only option any sensible person can hold.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom