"Morrissey: lunatic seer of the modern world" - Unherd (May, 6, 2020)

If You're Feeling Sinister was turned into a play (with songs) & the audience was drippy even by theatre standards.
Which shouldn’t detract from the fact that it’s one of the best British albums of all time.

Meaning what, exactly? That editorial power is exercised?

‘The Guardian is not owned by a trust at all. In 2008, “the trust was replaced with a limited company” that was accordingly re-named “The Scott Trust Limited.” Though not a trust at all, but simply a profit-making company, it is still referred to frequently as ‘The Scott Trust,’ promulgating the widely-held but mistaken belief in the Guardian’s inherently benign ownership structure. … The problem, of course, is that the Guardian functions under the same sort of corporate structure as any other major media company.’

Welcome to life.

He's also a Liberal Democrat. So like a lot of people found himself at odds with much of his social group.

And it's true! I didn't notice then, but I saw it for THE PIN.

I'd call it a badge but I'm hoping someone will use the title 'Morrissey: From Panic to The Pin', when writing about this mess.
its a badge and always will be a badge.iv asked on here over the years why americanos call it a pin.

its a badge and always will be a badge.iv asked on here over the years why americanos call it a pin.

Well ? its proper name is a pin badge. The badge is the bit with the design on it. We say badge for short, Americans say pin.

Last edited by a moderator:
“We should be grateful for, in our increasingly dull and frightened culture, this bizarre, awkward, contradictory, funny fellow.”

F4D8B8AA-16EC-4BAF-864D-475958E3DDBE.gif

The site is funded by Paul Marshall, a pro-Brexit investor. He is the chairman of one of Europe’s biggest hedge-fund groups, Marshall Wace, and chair of the Ark chain of academy schools.

Pro-Brexit, just like the majority of British voters. Shouldn’t be a controversial position to hold.

It's a good article.

UnHerd isn't far right - if anyone's wondering - it's for opinions that don't fit neatly into left or right silos.

& Gareth is a gay writer who got cancelled for transphobia. He's not transphobic, he just thinks we should be able to talk about biological sex.
My favourite sex.

Someone on Twitter (on a thread about this article) said that The National Front Disco was about Joe Strummer's brother, who was in The National Front & died in the 1970s.

Is that likely?

Back
Top Bottom