Morrissey deluxe edition box sets - the lack thereof

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
As Paul McCartney releases a $600 version of Flaming Pie (not all about the money) -clearly there is demand for comprehensive behind the scenes editions, even in small numbers,.

There is a strange duality with Morrissey's relationship with past. He has a stubborn and mostly deluded belief that each of his album is better than the previous one, which is of course practically impossible with a back catalogue of this size. Therefore he is reluctant to delve into the vault, because that might shatter his belief -- and there is no-one else to do it. But on the other hand he can't resist a quick buck now and then with a strange vinyl single reissue of a pointless compilation like World of Morrissey.

I doubt very much whether it's about shattering his beliefs. He has consented to reissuing the albums (with alterations) and has played far more obscure album tracks and b-sides than most in his live shows. I just think he isn't particularly nostalgic, and it's also part of his personality to always be the contrarian.

In the same way that he will never compile setlists purely to please the fans, I also don't think he will ever be that interested in nice and neat reissues of his work.

As Paul McCartney releases a $600 version of Flaming Pie (not all about the money) -clearly there is demand for comprehensive behind the scenes editions, even in small numbers,.

I like that album, but I really hate the title.

I doubt very much whether it's about shattering his beliefs. He has consented to reissuing the albums (with alterations) and has played far more obscure album tracks and b-sides than most in his live shows. I just think he isn't particularly nostalgic, and it's also part of his personality to always be the contrarian.

In the same way that he will never compile setlists purely to please the fans, I also don't think he will ever be that interested in nice and neat reissues of his work.

He's obviously not lost his creative fire, so he'll be doing what he has to do to get the next album out.

He's obviously not lost his creative fire, so he'll be doing what he has to do to get the next album out.
In the past, when without a deal, he was never willing to compromise in order to get a new one though.

World Of Morrissey was released in 1995, so it could not have included anything post-1995.
You're thinking of This Is Morrissey from 2018, which was probably also inspired by a classical series of albums. Capital records released titles like This Is Sinatra, This Is Dean Martin etc. in the 50s.

Yes, you are correct. I meant This Is Morrissey. The whole album feels so pointless to me, that I never even remember the name correctly.

Back
Top Bottom