Morricone collaboration

Electric

Actually, the more I think about it, the more excited I am.

(I have to admit I am a huge Dear God fan. That is my most played song form the Ringleader and it's absolutely beautiful musically and contains the enigmatic lyrics, that made me think a lot about the real meaning behind those lines, using everything I know about morrissey, Italian cinematography, my own feelings about Rome and so on. And for those criticizing the "explosive kegs" line, it's actually a reworked Patti Smith (see under the influence liner notes), as pointed by somebody on this board recently.)

Even though Morricone works in a totally different style one can't deny that he is a musical genius and that is something that has been lacking from Morrissey's solo work . (sorry, I do LOVE the tunes, but you can't call them genius, can you? It's mostly the vocal melody that saves them)

Morrissey must be overjoyed by this prospect. First he wants to ask maestro to appear on one of his tracks and is told that there is no way morricone would agree. Next thing Maestro himself asks Morrissey to submit lyrics and vocals for one of his compositions. Chances are Morrissey would try his best to live up to the expectations.

Morricone fits nicely with the "new" Morrissey in tuxedo concept.

If successful, that can prompt Morrissey to try to work with other interesting people as well.

>if successful, that can prompt Morrissey to try to work with other interesting people

I hope so, but Morrissey is very choosey and difficult...even Boz and Alain don't say much about song writing process.
It's a huge honour to be asked by Morricone and I'm really thrilled and pleased the maestro regards Morrissey as a gifted artist to work with.:)

Yes, same here. They're quite a good duo!

Back
Top Bottom