More bizarre goings-on..

H

hibernianbilly

At tonights game between Hibernian and AEK Athens, AEK continued with anti-American taunts and some made gestures of planes hitting buildings, most bizarre !!!! perhaps equally bizarrely Hibs fans in the East stand began chanting 'USA' and AEK fans became furious at this. Very odd.

Re: Have you fallen off the wagon LOL??

ha, ha, no, you can check other reports at hibernian.rivals.net.

Ah, the Americans. We're loved and we're hated. Loved not so much in the traditional sense of course, but more often times considered "the center" of western culture, the trend setter, the powerhouse that generates a major portion of the world's economy, the trendsetter, and alas, the protector. America...you can't live without it, no matter what.

And thus the reason we are hated. Hated from jealousy that our standard of living is so much higher than the rest of the world. Hated for having the fundamental freedoms that no other nation on earh has had bestowed upon them. Perhaps that is America's mistake...it's freedoms have gone too far, and we have allowed ourselves to be infiltrated with the filth and lepers of evil who wish to carry out their viligance as a symbol against the nation to be envied of the rest of the world neighborhood.

Yes, the world is somewhat divided on whether to love or hate America these days. Think people think! What would "The Bin-Laden Channel" really have to offer??? What would be the best comedy series they could produce? "The Camel and Me"????? I've chosen to love America, with all its shortcomings and criminal wrongdoings, it's still the best place on this entire planet to be free - to live in dignity, and to give a secure future to our loved ones. The spirit of this nation has never been stronger - and a resolve for what is right and decent will prevail. I wonder how many of those AEK Athens fans take their next holiday in Kabul!!!!!!!

> At tonights game between Hibernian and AEK Athens, AEK continued
> with anti-American taunts and some made gestures of planes
> hitting buildings, most bizarre !!!! perhaps equally bizarrely
> Hibs fans in the East stand began chanting 'USA' and AEK fans
> became furious at this. Very odd.

> At tonights game between Hibernian and AEK Athens, AEK continued
> with anti-American taunts and some made gestures of planes
> hitting buildings, most bizarre !!!! perhaps equally bizarrely
> Hibs fans in the East stand began chanting 'USA' and AEK fans
> became furious at this. Very odd.

Oh but it was heart-breaking!!!So near but yet so far!!!

Why The Heck Is This Going On??

Is it happening with ALL Greek teams?

Re: Why The Heck Is This Going On??

I don't know mate. In the first round in Greece, a two-minute silence was held before the match. A section of AEK fans jeered throughout. In the second leg they were gesturing with American flags and making aeroplane movements. They also threw coins and fought with police. When they scored, all their subsitutes ran into the centre circle and danced around, which isn't allowed. So, some hibs fans chanted 'USA' and invaded the pitch. Worryingly, it looks as though Hibs may face a fine for invading the pitch at the end of the game.

Is Olympiakos in this?

If so, how are they faring?

they are not in UEFA, they are playing in the more prestigous Champions League. I think they lost 3-1 in the last Champions league match, I don't know what their overall situation is.

> Is Olympiakos in this?

> If so, how are they faring?