Mark Nevin talks, inter alia, about collaborating with Morrissey

Ex-Fairground Attraction star Mark Nevin talks Bowie, band break-ups and cults - Hampstead Highgate Express

Excerpt:

"Then as he posted the final tape from his local Chalk Farm postbox, who should walk by but the ex Smiths frontman.

I introduced myself and he went bright red and said ‘thank you, see you in the studio in two weeks’. It was weird writing songs by post before I had even met him but it worked in a weird way. When we started recording (1991’s Kill Uncle album) I didn’t even know what the songs were. Then he starts singing ‘I’m going to be sick over your frankly vulgar red pullover’ and we (the band) were laughing so much there were tears running down our faces.”

Even better was when Bowie himself asked to cover the Morrissey/Nevin track I Know It’s Gonna Happen Someday.

“I was with Kirsty MacColl in L.A on the roof of the Mondrian hotel by a pool and hearing Bowie was going to do my song, well I felt I’d touched hem of his greatness.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ziggy story was cool, though he sounds bitter about his working relationships with singers, that's too bad, hope his solo work finds him the happiness he couldn't find in collaboration. But on that note.. I'll bet ya he was glad when that royalty check came in even if everyone wanted to talk to the singer and not him the person who wrote the music.

He always tells the same stories. Either this one or the one where Moz cycles past him like in the Stop Me video. Nothing wrong with that. Both are amusing stories but hardly news.

He always tells the same stories. Either this one or the one where Moz cycles past him like in the Stop Me video. Nothing wrong with that. Both are amusing stories but hardly news.

Oh do f*** off. Supply your own 'news' then, you tiresome, repetitive, predictable German tool.

Ziggy story was cool, though he sounds bitter about his working relationships with singers, that's too bad, hope his solo work finds him the happiness he couldn't find in collaboration. But on that note.. I'll bet ya he was glad when that royalty check came in even if everyone wanted to talk to the singer and not him the person who wrote the music.

Singers are like actors, needy and plastic, and anyone that works with a good one, in my opinion, should know enough to let them have the spotlight and just be glad they are able to communicate the material.

TIRESOME / REPETITIVE / PREDICTABLE ......... :laughing::handpointdown:
Tdmw5cC.jpg

[ http://i.imgur.com/Tdmw5cC.jpg ]

Summary of UncleForeskin = :swear:drama:
Summary of everyone else to UncleForeskin = :rofl::sleeping:

There is a pattern here. Both 12 inches and Uncle Skinny insult people in the same hideous way. They are kindred spirits, like the two faces of the same coin.

Hipocrisy is one of the words to define a personality that claims to have a perfect life and uses a website to expel all the hidden frustrations and hating of his life towards unknown people who dare to give an opinion.
Some persons make art with the feelins they have to suppress, others make... this. It is what it is. Sad.

Will this unhinged stalker never shut up? Please point me to where I have insulted anyone in a hideous way? You are the constant aggressor, I rarely attack without being provoked. You on the other hand keep saying the most hideous things like "Morrissey was smart not to be openly gay during the AIDS epidemic", you bigoted fool, while patting yourself on the back for your great kindness and intellect.

You are happy to chat with the nazi - who is littering this place with his racist spam, who has told other posters to go kill themselves, who has said that liberals deserve to die, who has posted Sieg Heil! messages here - never ever condemning his words or actions, yet you’ve had it in it for me ever since I said I find your darling Morrissey’s humasexuality is a load of old bollocks, and bitch and moan about me constantly. And then you waffle on about hypocrisy? Tired of your harassment.

Last edited:
Nowadays nazi is an insult, a bold one, and you apply it when someone says something you don't like. Besides, if you are liberal I'm the pope. You are a very authoritarian person and that is the opposite of liberalism.
I don't like being quoted with sarcasm, but I hate being misquoted with falsehood, so please don't invent things I didn't write.
You are the one who harass Morrissey with the topic of sexual orientation and with the aim of doing so you are faking yours. If you are a mod I'm done here.

Bye, Felicia!

At least this news actually has something to do with Morrissey. For example it's not about Ryan Adams.

At least this news actually has something to do with Morrissey. For example it's not about Ryan Adams.

I agree with you Marred!
Ha, on the Ryan Adams fansite everybody is complaining about missing news on Ryan Adams and why all the fuss about Moz.
Not.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom