Looking for an image of the matching color bags that the 12" UK singles came with

ForgivemeJESUS

I am not BBC scum
Did the early 12" UK promo singles (Everyday Sunday,Suedehead, ouija board,playboys, November,and Interesting Drug) color block style come with there own color cordinated bags with HMV logo on it.. if a image is available I'd love to see one

Did the early 12" UK promo singles (Everyday Sunday,Suedehead, ouija board,playboys, November,and Interesting Drug) color block style come with there own color cordinated bags with HMV logo on it.. if a image is available I'd love to see one
I believe the record 'bags' referred to on Passions is simply a reference to the actual card sleeve colour - there were no bags as such.
I had all the 12POPDJ variants and they look like this:

id-uk12pr.jpg
eils-uk12pr.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Suedehead was the fanciest of the bunch:
sue-uk12pr.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Well not just passions, but there is a note on Discogs Interesting Drug 12" I screen shotted it. What do you think, crazy I know....
Screenshot_20200304-142238_Discogs.jpg

Well not just passions, but there is a note on Discogs Interesting Drug 12" I screen shotted it. What do you think, crazy I know....View attachment 54839
I believe bag is being used instead of sleeve.
I've never seen any Shoplifters-style bag for any of those (not to mention the facts fit the sleeve colour too) and I think it's misused terminology more than anything else.
Happy to be wrong.
FWD.
(looking on the Hoffman forums - it appears bag and sleeve are interchangeable terms and bag is often used to denote a 'sleeve' without a spine).

I believe bag is being used instead of sleeve.
I've never seen any Shoplifters-style bag for any of those (not to mention the facts fit the sleeve colour too) and I think it's misused terminology more than anything else.
Happy to be wrong.
FWD.
(looking on the Hoffman forums - it appears bag and sleeve are interchangeable terms and bag is often used to denote a 'sleeve' without a spine).

That's absolutely what it is referring to here, as in house bag (a sleeve without dedicated artwork).

Back
Top Bottom