LIHS Promo played in full

What's the music like, tempo etc? A few of the reviews have shared a few of the lyrics from this song but they haven't talked much about the music.

It's a slower one and has been described as borderline rock opera-ish and also noir-ish - with a falsetto coda. Some of the reviews have said it's an album highlight... so it seems to be somewhat divisive.

Last edited:
Any especially good ones that we haven't heard yet?

"Israel" isn't bad, it's just nothing you haven't already heard before. His themes are getting repetitive to the point where you can look and see exactly where he is borrowing from himself. ..but that really is an issue with the entire album. Other than that, "IYL", "WWPUFTP?" and "TGFTAWWK" suffer the same issues, only they aren't interesting at all musically, vocally, or lyrically.

Any especially good ones that we haven't heard yet?

I didn’t hear “ Go f*** Yourselves, You Useless c***” yet. Moz gets better and better with his songtitles.
So anxious to hear that song!

We’ve had a listening session in Warsaw yesterday, The Girl From Tel-Aviv is the best song since 2004! For me is like M’s cover of Sinatra/Jobim records. Amazing.

We’ve had a listening session in Warsaw yesterday, The Girl From Tel-Aviv is the best song since 2004! For me is like M’s cover of Sinatra/Jobim records. Amazing.

Does the 'girl' move to an illegal settlement at the end of the song?

Does the 'girl' move to an illegal settlement at the end of the song?

She was murdered in a concentrationcamp for being “Jewish” in 1943 you f***ing asshole.
You are a despicable, lowlife knobhead.

You are a despicable, lowlife knobhead.

I think they are referring to the Palestinians who are treated by Israel the way that the Jewish people were treated by the Nazis. It's very easy to find videos of contemporary Israelis cheering the deaths of Palestinian children and calling for genocide. But we're not supposed to talk about that because of 1943.
Genocide is genocide whoever the target is and the world's blind support for Israel's policies should be questioned.

Back
Top Bottom