Kids Singing On Ringleader

M

masterrhodes

Seriously, is it just me or is this annoying? I can be jamming out to a song and when the kids chime in..I just hate it. Morrissey does not need backup singers. I wish there was a way to take them off the tracks. I just got the album 3 days ago and I love everything about except this. I like to crank my music up when I drive but when they come on I turn it down cos I don't want anyone to hear it. What do you guys think?

> Seriously, is it just me or is this annoying? I can be jamming out to a
> song and when the kids chime in..I just hate it. Morrissey does not need
> backup singers. I wish there was a way to take them off the tracks. I just
> got the album 3 days ago and I love everything about except this. I like
> to crank my music up when I drive but when they come on I turn it down cos
> I don't want anyone to hear it. What do you guys think?

Also, this has probably been posted before but I did not see it. If it is, I'm sorry.

I know someone who like them, infact, he has found out where they all live, no doubt he will be "visiting" them soon.

you..are a sickass

I like it. Its different which is something Morrissey needs.

the kids are alright

> I like it. Its different which is something Morrissey needs.

me too liked it a lot,
it adds something new and brings more life.

Re: the kids are alright

I like it too. It reminds me of the film on "Eurotube" of the Smiths doing Panic with the schoolboy.

Hey, and what about the up-coming bonus tracks: covers of the St Winifred's School Choir's "There's No-one Quite Like Grandma", Clive Dunn's "Grand-dad", Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall", etc., etc., etc.

Didn't someone do a super-edit and remove all of the kid noise on 'the youngest...' last week or something?

> Didn't someone do a super-edit and remove all of the kid noise on 'the
> youngest...' last week or something?

That would be really cool. I'm not trying to say anything negative, I love Morrissey. I just don't like that in his songs. One song would be ok but I think it's 3 or 4. Morrissey did it so I still love it though.

I don't mind it so much on "At Last I Am Born" but it really ruins "The Youngest Was the Most Loved"

Kids Singing On Ringleader & Panic

love the kids, loved the concept since Panic and still do... i find it funny though that some of the same people who find it annoying now most likely adored it when kids were attached the with name "smiths" but i am sure i am just being a silly-twat.

No, no no...The kids' backing vocals on all the tracks are great. It's very Morricone, and...

adds a further dimension to the lyrics. It gives us two different aural perspectives, for example on the "there's no such thing in life as normal" lyric, it's a shy, maybe unbalanced kid singing it and Morrissey himself, giving the song more weight. On The Father...they are like the chorus cheering on their little sister to do what must be done to the beast-like stepfather.

I just love the whole idea, and it also recalls Panic.

Love it hate it, I suppose, which is how a lot of the best Morrissey songs are.

Re: No, no no...The kids' backing vocals on all the tracks are great. It's very Morricone, and...

I totally love the addition of it. Not just the fact that they are singing on it but also what they are singing. It's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom