"Keir Starmer's Love For Morrissey & The Smiths Exposed" - Daily Express (April 25, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
Keir has hair & so does Morrissey.

Sadly nothing more exciting than that unless you're a Labourite & you want to lament/decry that we're stuck between a rock & an intersectional hard place. Which I do. :swear :ahhh:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is true then I can see that some of the headbangers on here are going to be suffering some profound cases of cognitive dissonance this morning.

jimmy saville done nowt wrong according to this Chuffin prick..

If this is true then I can see that some of the headbangers on here are going to be suffering some profound cases of cognitive dissonance this morning.
Indeed. But yer man will take the plaudits wherever he can get them these days. Expect a complete volte-face in his opinions as he realises he can now get support from a new audience. And monetise it.

Well yes, except Starmer, obviously, is a smart enough politician to know that even mentioning an affection for Morrissey right now would be a spectacularly dumb move.

Well yes, except Starmer, obviously, is a smart enough politician to know that even mentioning an affection for Morrissey right now would be a spectacularly dumb move.
And why would that be the case? Not everyone has been brainwashed by the bullshit brigade. Morrissey is still a hero to many in the UK.

Indeed. But yer man will take the plaudits wherever he can get them these days. Expect a complete volte-face in his opinions as he realises he can now get support from a new audience. And monetise it.

What new audience would the middle-aged leader of the Labour Party bring? And why would Morrissey have to volte-face to monetise it?????

And why would that be the case? Not everyone has been brainwashed by the bullshit brigade. Morrissey is still a hero to many in the UK.

I agree with you that "Not everyone has been brainwashed by the bullshit brigade" - absolutely - but if you seriously think that Starmer could express a love of Morrissey in the current climate and not get absolutely hammered for it, then I don't think you know too much about contemporary UK politics or media culture. (I'm not saying at this current situation is *right* at all, but that's how it is.)

What new audience would the middle-aged leader of the Labour Party bring? And why would Morrissey have to volte-face to monetise it?????

Careful, Skinny may chastise you for not italicising volte-face and I'm not sure your reputation could ever recover from that ;)

I agree with you that "Not everyone has been brainwashed by the bullshit brigade" - absolutely - but if you seriously think that Starmer could express a love of Morrissey in the current climate and not get absolutely hammered for it, then I don't think you know too much about contemporary UK politics or media culture. (I'm not saying at this current situation is *right* at all, but that's how it is.)
I understand it well enough and there's two things I'll put to you, firstly the UK press have not made an issue of Morrissey's so called controversial quotes over the last eighteen months the way some would have you believe. The 'dreaded' Guardian has been made to look ridiculous with it's vendetta but otherwise this is not front, middle or back page news.
Secondly, how do you think Starmer would look (and feel) by denying being a Moz fan when it'll be widely known to his family and friends for years? If he is a fan ( and I don't know) he will be with Moz for life no matter what.
One final added point is 'antisocial' media is irrelevant so the bullshit brigade can do one.?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom