Keane

Do you like Tom Chaplin?

• Yes, I don't think he's "a living cabbage patch doll" (quote celibate cries)

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • No, the man's face AND music are too bad for words. And what? No guitar player in keane? Oh boy

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters
No and i forgot to add 'after Coldplay and Oasis' damn

WhatDifferenceDoesItMake? said:
I don't dislike him, as he hasn't done anything to annoy me. Keane are NOT the worst band ever, and people who think that, are ill informed.

Oh and Gaylord, you don't have to be Keane fan to realize your comments were stupidly harsh, for a guy who has done absolutely nothing to deserve them.

It's funny, I'm not even a Keane fan, and I sound like a devotee compared to you lot.

My god, you people need to calm down a bit! Don't get so upset...All I said was I hope he dies, of course I didn't mean it, even if I had the power to make such a thing happen to him, I probably wouldn't do so, well maybe...

wolve said:
Jesus Christ! Don't take this too serious! It's not like we're making plans to kill him or something!

can't we, though?!

i mean, look at his big face: it has no edges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have nothing against Keane, even liked the "Somewhere only we know" but my god, though I'm always quite happy to see someone who's not pure skin and bones appear on TV, Tom Chaplin really isn't my cup of tea when it comes to looks and appearance (having said that, I bet most of you who bash his looks really hard aren't exactly supermodels either)

Was quite surprised to hear he's in a rehab - he somehow looked like he's not even mature enough to drink coffee, let alone go all wild on drugs and alcohol!

wolve said:
Jesus Christ! Don't take this too serious! It's not like we're making plans to kill him or something!

But, you started this thread!

I don't have any problem with Keane. Some Keane-haters still haven't got over from Quarry incident? It was partly Sanctuary's fault as well, not choosing the right date to release the album and didn't plan the distribution arrangement carefully. Keane themselves commented that they're really sorry for preventing Quarry become No.1 of the chart.

In future I hope all the members do not post a thread like this. I guess Wolve didn't mean to be ill-minded, but clearly wanted to make fun of poor Tom Chaplin's misfortune.

We can be constructive and good-humoured to discuss some bands and other things:)

i like a few keane songs, but... i don't know, i just can't get excited about their music somehow! it's nice enough, but i don't feel passionate about it. i like it, but i dont love it.

Hahahahahaha...
He really looks like the clock from Beauty And The Beast hahahaha.
I like Keane... actually i like their music without guitars, it's new i think.
But two days ago i heard on the radio that Tom had a problem with drugs last weekend... ???... nothing cool about that!

andy_fozzy said:
Just for you Wolve :D

http://217.154.142.24/keane/forum/

(And before you say it, NO I'M NOT A MEMBER)

:D :D
Hahaha!
I particularly liked this thread!
Especially the part were somebody said he learned about the Smiths from the Keane board. Everything helps! :p
He probably read about them here.

Regarding the pole, I think it creates the wrong impression that people either love or hate Keane, while I personally don't give a shit.

I really can't stand them. Some of their stuff is on the MP3 player we have to have on in the shop I work in. I have banned it from being played when I'm at work.

Lots and lots of drink (preferably meths) and drugs would be the only way to make listening to Keane bearable

Very early in Keane's career before anyone had ever heard of them they played an instore show at the record shop Fopp in Glasgow.

I happened to be in the record shop at the time and I paid no attention to them at all...a policy I have continued to put into practise since then.

In summary then I have no idea whether they are good, bad or indifferent, all I know is instinct tells me to spend my record budget elsewhere.

they once played in the afternoon in the student union bar in cardiff, I took little notice although i did quite enjoy a justin Timberlake cover they did

I think this 'Drug's and Alcohol problem' thing is a publicity stunt to boost there 'street credit' because alot of people think Keane is pointless, meaningless and harmless music.

My opinion: Keane is pointless, meaningless and harmless music. Overall alot to do about nothing.

Jesus Pervo...on what planet do you live??
It's the singer of Keane of course! :) The one where all the fuss is about!

Back
Top Bottom