Johnny Marr to help Dinosaur Jr celebrate 25th anniversary of ‘You’re Living All Over

The Seeker of Good Songs

The reunited Dinosaur Jr will celebrate the 25th anniversary of You’re Living All Over Me this December with a concert in New York City that will feature a meeting of the six-string minds, with legendary Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr set to trade licks with J Mascis on “a song or two,” according to the band’s website. The show is set for Dec. 1 at New York’s Terminal 5, and will feature Dino Jr running through its 1987 album in its entirety, followed by “a second set spanning their catalog with very special musical guests joining them onstage.” Marr is the first such guest to be announced, and more are due to be revealed in the run-up to the show.
In addition to the show, Dinosaur Jr also will mark the You’re Living All Over Me anniversary with the release next month of a vinyl-only live album recorded on that album’s tour.

Dinosaur Jr tour dates:
Oct. 25: Black Cat, Washington, D.C., USA
Oct. 26: Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Oct. 27: Union Transfer, Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Oct. 31: Music Zone @ KITEC, Hong Kong, China
Nov. 1: Don’t Look Back, Neo Studio, Taipei, Taiwan
Nov. 2: Big Cat, Nishishinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Nov. 3: Hostess Club Weekender @ Zepp Diver City, Tokyo, Japan
Nov. 22: El Teatro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nov. 24: Primavera Fauna, Santiago, Chile
Nov. 28: Pearl Street Nightclub, Northampton, MA, USA
Nov. 29: The State Theatre, Portland, ME, USA
Nov. 30: Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA, USA
Dec. 1: Terminal 5, New York, NY, USA

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/10/25/dinosaur-jr-youre-living-all-over-me-johnny-marr

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Johnny Marr to join Dinosaur Jr. in NYC!

That's pretty awesome news.

Last edited by a moderator:

i was thinking about going to this in philly, but am going to nyc instead! hopefully i'll be able to meet marr.

Johnny Marr, who is known for playing guitar with both the Smiths and Modest Mouse, joined the band as the Melvins’ Dale Crover manned the drum set and Broken Social Scene’s Kevin Drew took the vocals for "Wagon" before they all rocked out a version of the Smiths’ classic tune "The Boy With The Thorn in His Side."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ary-with-frank-black-and-johnny-marr-20121202

Johnny Marr, who is known for playing guitar with both the Smiths and Modest Mouse, joined the band as the Melvins’ Dale Crover manned the drum set and Broken Social Scene’s Kevin Drew took the vocals for "Wagon" before they all rocked out a version of the Smiths’ classic tune "The Boy With The Thorn in His Side."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ary-with-frank-black-and-johnny-marr-20121202

I would kill to hear Marr play that. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom