Johnny Marr Talks Guitars & A Life In Music

A great video, people have been asking for him to come on the show for years.

Really enjoyed that, it's really interesting, cool that he's had the same guitar tech for over 30 years. Fab seeing him play bits of Hand In Glove, Jeane, Heaven Knows, Girl Afraid, Stop Me, How Soon Is Now, Nowhere Fast, Headmaster, That Joke etc. Nice see him reference Buzzcocks and play a bit of Autonomy and Fiction Romance. He also played a bit of New Order's Regret. Very humble as well when he talks about his voice being an acquired taste for some people. (maybe he visits M Solo)

A must listen for anyone who was into the Smiths.

Last edited:
I think I'd be in tears hearing some of those tunes being played......such a cool video.

I finally got the book.....flipped through it last night. At the end, it appears he lists all the musicians he's grateful for working with.....none of The Smiths are mentioned :(

I finally got the book.....flipped through it last night. At the end, it appears he lists all the musicians he's grateful for working with.....none of The Smiths are mentioned :(

Dude, that’s messed up.

That's incorrect, Andy Rourke is thanked and also there is a picture with him in the studio.

That's incorrect, Andy Rourke is thanked and also there is a picture with him in the studio.

I guess you have to have died in order to be thanked by Johnny ‘Grateful’ Marr.

Johnny was with him right to the end you snide bitch.

Dude, chill, I don’t see what this has to do with my post.

because he did mention Andy. My comment,
was referring to those he didn’t mention, IN THE BOOK.

Your reading/comprehension skills are very poor.

Dealing with a lot of screwballs here today, maybe that’s why I usually scroll past the Marr threads. A bunch of Marr apologists.

When they can’t even see who the one being the cold bitch is.

My apologies......p. 287....Andy is mentioned. And I did see the pic with him with the 6 string bass......

Back
Top Bottom